Rejected Yorick - Insane - Squiggles765 - Carb_Carb_Carb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squiggles765 and Carb_Carb_Carb built this map
The name of the map is Yorick
The parkour map is on /plot tp Carb_Carb_Carb
We believe the difficulty if this map is insane ( however could be argued that it's expert )

Attachments

I really like the theme and all the jumps it's totally a +1 for me 8/10 Build 10/10 Jumps 10/10 Overall

im also a tax evader and banned in 9 states

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello there :)
I would have to give this map a -1. A certain sign at the entrance to the map has been removed.
Onto the critique, the build could be a bit better. It only vaguely represents the Yorick I am familiar with, and the face is just pixel art, and the block choice for the beard confuses me a bit. I would try to make the face and head more 3D, so that you can caputure Yorick's facial features more.
A lot of the parkour is floating, and not connecting to the build, especially in the first section. Try to either move the build closer to the plot edge so it's more central so you don't need as many floating jumps :) I would also say the difficulty is not very consistent throughout, where some jumps are really easy compared to others. Also, this may be a personal qualm of mine, but I find cobwebs to be very annoying, and can slow down the pace of a map very quickly. While you don't necessarily need to remove them, keep in mind that too many in a row is very frustrating for players.
Please not that I am just a Helper and Mapper, and I am not a Map Judge! This critique doesn't mean your map is accepted or rejected. I just like to give feedback on submissions to help improve people's skills in the community. Good luck on your submission!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Carb! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The theme is not very original, as we already have 5 League of Legends maps, but none on this character.

The build is pretty decent, it's definitely recognizable as Yorick. However, the face is kinda flat and ugly, I'd suggest making that part 3D or potentially making a larger version of the build to add more detail.

The parkour is somewhat repetitive, and the difficulty is very inconsistent. Overall, it seems more like an expert map with a few random, extra-hard stretches thrown in (that tend to be harder than the insanes I've played, partially due to the stretches being long and without many checkpoints). A fair amount of the jumps are also floating, which takes away from the build. Lastly, it can be a bit confusing, as the small build forces the parkour to cross over itself quite a bit. However, you did add in some unique jumps and the length seems alright.

Thank you for submitting your map! We hope to see more from you in the future. If you have any questions, contact me on Discord (MCBYT#2023).​

Status
Not open for further replies.