• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryanminty123

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
110 3
Hi.

So recently Crackers posted a page on how to terraform and this gave me an idea.

Lets teach people how to Worldedit!

This is just a basic guide and if you wish to add anything in the comments or re-make this post but making it better then please do.

Step 1:Buying Worldedit.

When you play on Creative you may have come across /shop. /Shop is where you buy ranks,pets and wordedit brushes!

Get the sufficient amount of gems by your own means. (Voting is preferred because it helps the server.) and buy infinite/daily advanced worldedit.

Step 2: Getting your wand.

To get your wand all you need to do is memorise this command: //wand. Or you could simply collect a wooden axe from the creative menu.(The axe must be wooden in order for it to be a worldedit wand.)

Step 3: selecting a region.

So when you're holding your axe its best to test it out on a flat wall to make sure its working. First right click the top right corner then left click the left corner.

Step 4: Your first steps!

Ok so your first command that you will usually use would be //set (name/ID). This will set the wall/place to whatever block you put where the name was.

There is one problem with using your wand though. You either need to memorise every block ID in the game or type out the block itself.

Step 5: Replacing.

Another common command used by people is //replace.

Again select your region then do //replace (Block you want to replace) (The block you want to replace it with)

Step 6: Brushes!

Brushes are different to your wand in many ways. To get a sphere brush pick an item out of your inventory such as a stick then progress to type this into chat:

//brush (block you want to make a sphere of) (size from 1-10)

There are other types of brush besides sphere but it still works in the same way I believe.

To turn a brush off of the item that you put it onto do //none.

Step 7: Copy and paste

Copying and pasting is a very difficult aspect of worldedit and isn't fully understood by all builders but heres some examples off how to use it.

I have a wall in front of me that is 5 blocks wide and 4 blocks tall. I use my brush to create a region surrounding the wall or just selecting the wall then I stand in front of the middle and do //copy

(NOTE: It is extremely important where you copy your blocks from because when you paste it that's how far away the selecting object will be from you.)

Then find where you want to paste that wall and then do //paste.

"But Ryan" I hear you ask "What if I wanted it to be turned to my left or right?" Good question and it has a very simple answer all you do is //rotate 90/180/270. These will edit where you paste the blocks you've copied.

Step 8:Comment something I've missed

I'm sure I've missed some sort of crucial worldedit command so please comment it then I'll edit this post and add it. (I'll credit you don't worry)

Hope this helped-Ryan :D

cheeseboy

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
80 9
this is neat for the new players scratching their heads saying "i just bought worldedit and now what do i do??" :D
great job on the explanation... i've had W/E for so long but i still learnt something from this :)

Tylerman88

Donator
Ratings
16 1
I think this is definitely a good thing for W/e beginners to be able to reference to, however, only Legend+ are allowed t use brushes in World Edit.

~Careening <3
People who bought permanent advanced worldedit can also use brushes