Why people are becoming agitated by Minevast's new ranks.

Would you rather have VIP or VIP+ or choose one of 5 ranks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
So basically Minevast has been once again hit hard by the EULA, this time being especially strenuous. It is a very unfortunate barrier to overcome for any server and they deserve much sympathy for dealing with it professionally and keeping all that they can from falling into the growing black hole know as the EULA. It is very unfortunate for players who bought the rank a long time ago, and promised ranks that were payed for were taken away. It's understandable to do that under the circumstances that otherwise the server would shut down, staff has done just fine with the recent EULA attack. Shortly afterwards till present they kinda have been slipping a little in my opinion. I personally saved up $80 for sponsor in November, and was very happy to inherit full perks. Of course I was disappointed to see things like /cook and /heal on sky block taken away, but no biggy. The main issue that they've created is the annoyance of VIP+ and VIP. For a sponsor who paid $200 this could not get much worse. Imagine you're a sponsor who payed $200, and now ALL your GLOBAL perks are shared with the "Vast" rank which cost $80 dollars at the time. You just had your perks shared with someone who paid less then half of what you did. Same deal with legends. They would've paid $40 to share ranks with someone who paid a mere QUARTER of that. That would really suck. Another problem for donators is that with your purchased ranks taken away you don't get much to fill it in. Sure I know emotes came around and a few other very small amenities. The problem is most donators don't care about things like emotes and would rather have a forums donator or custom title over fancy hats. I get that's how the server's making money, but when people payed large portions of money for valuable commands to get taken away, they should get something valuable back, not emotes. Maybe some custom titles like the new ones that cost $10 or a forums donator.

Basically when you have large chunks of perks taken away that you paid for, and you don't get much of anything in return you're gonna get pissed. I know that Minevast didn't want to take their perks away, I'm dead certain, and I'd bet anything I own they'd spend days dodging EULA if the server didn't get blacklisted.

I hope that others can relate to this, and from what I've speculated this appears to be the source of agitation.

This was in no way meant to direct hate to the server, rather to clarify why people are getting kind of annoyed.
-52S

Phoxius

Donator
Ratings
54 7
I think you have a valid point, a very valid point . Sponsors whom payed $200 are very upset. However, even if we wanted to go back to the "five ranks" system, we cannot. The EULA update has completely removed that option from existence. The most important thing to do now, is to not dwell in the past. I remain pleased our community is still functioning, even through this EULA chaos.

Last edited:

OneOfTheStars

MVP+
Nihilxstic
Nihilxstic
MVP+
Ratings
I agree. I understand players please to have what they paid for, but need to understand the circumstances. I'm pleased the server is running through all this and still have great support. Who knows, maybe the server will brighten up later on once Eula is taken care of. ^-^

I52SI

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
159 26
Yep. I was not aware the EULA abolished the old rank system. It is still unfair for sponsors to share ranks with vast nonetheless.

TitaniumFox

Ratings
8 1
i get that sponsors who payed $200 would be upset because now vip+ is $50 (i think) but i don't think everyone should be upset because these new ranks can a great change for minevast! Don't be upset with minevast they are only trying to make the experience on the server fun for everyone but with the new EULA they are limited as to what they can do!