Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
With the recent addition of maps being ordered A-Z, I find myself really curious why old maps are not removed. Not advocating whether they should or shouldn't be just curious as to what people think.

Raptor

nickclosed

Forum Expert
PATRON+
nickclosed
nickclosed
Patron+
Ratings
306 10
With the recent addition of maps being ordered A-Z, I find myself really curious why old maps are not removed. Not advocating whether they should or shouldn't be just curious as to what people think.

Raptor
Why would we remove old parkour maps people have worked hard over the years to make each an every map for the parkour server. Half of the old maps are nostalgic to some of us who have been playing for years.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
There's been a lot of debate about this actually. As easy as it is to say "old maps that don't meet the current standard need to get revamped or poofed", there's a lot of things to consider.
Personally, I would suggest the addition of a "classic maps" section, to avoid removing maps that are older and carry a lot of nostalgia for older players as well as hurting the feelings of people who made the maps if they still play. The maps would still be available to the public, but would be put into the "Classic Easy" through "Classic Insane" sections. Mana rewards/score rewards wouldn't change for them. They would just be sorted differently once again, and perhaps not count toward the checkmark.
This would help avoid newer players who are interested in making maps from seeing maps immediately that don't fit the standards of current map submission requirements, but still allow for people to play the older maps and receive rewards from them if they wish.

nickclosed

Forum Expert
PATRON+
nickclosed
nickclosed
Patron+
Ratings
306 10
There's been a lot of debate about this actually. As easy as it is to say "old maps that don't meet the current standard need to get revamped or poofed", there's a lot of things to consider.
Personally, I would suggest the addition of a "classic maps" section, to avoid removing maps that are older and carry a lot of nostalgia for older players as well as hurting the feelings of people who made the maps if they still play. The maps would still be available to the public, but would be put into the "Classic Easy" through "Classic Insane" sections. Mana rewards/score rewards wouldn't change for them. They would just be sorted differently once again, and perhaps not count toward the checkmark.
This would help avoid newer players who are interested in making maps from seeing maps immediately that don't fit the standards of current map submission requirements, but still allow for people to play the older maps and receive rewards from them if they wish.
We should see if we could implement this idea into Tasses google docs.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
It was 2 years ago and it was about someone complaing why his map was not accepted, but it's basically what I think about what you said :
Think up you've built one of those bad accepted maps some years ago, they says «Yeah, I like your map, it's a pretty cool one, the jumps are fun» and they accepts it. Now move some years forward (Today for example) and we say «Hum so after all, we are gonna removed your map, because it's a disgusting one», will you enjoy it ? I think not. Moreover there is some hours of works on some maps, and I will totally dislike if one day somebody say «We accept your map» and some years later, «After all, we renew parkour, we remove your map», a lot of hours of building who disapper without valable reason, it hurts.
About «Renovate some old maps», I've already tried and my map have been rejected for a relevant reason : «If we change the build and the parkour of a map, is it still the same map ?» ; even as buffing or nerfing a parkour can annoy the builder (I pick for example Wizolo with EiffelTower, which map judges ask us to nerf the map, I can't tell you how much he was annoyed), I can't imagine the player reaction if all the map is changed without his agreement ; just add it like a different map than the original then.

calebed

Ratings
10 4

Raptor
Some peopled worked hard on there maps and probably wouldn't wanting them getting removed.