Rejected Volcanoe - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Vury_
Map Name: Volcanoe (yes it is meant to have an e at the end)
Photos: (Screenshots 215 - 218)
Plot #: /plot v Vury_ 1 | I think that is it
Difficulty: Expert | I think it is expert because it has 1.Head hitters which are a little more advanced, 2. It has some four block jumps, 3. There are some difficult Ladder Climbs. (I tested all of the parkour and it is possible, it was also difficult so that is why i think it should be Expert.)
Jumps: It is around 80-100 | I might have miscounted but it is definentally above 80 at least. Thanks! I hope this becomes a map

Attachments

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
I am not a map judge so my opinion will not change the overall outcome of the map.

The theme isn't original as there are lots of maps similar to this for example baby volcanoe. Make sure you find an original theme before you start to build your map.

Secondly the build doesn't look like a volcanoe, and it isn't very detailed. Make sure the build is well detailed and fits your theme well.

The parkour is also a big issue with this map. Make sure that the blocks are disguised and up against your main build. Also try and add some block variation for example fences, panes, brewing stands but try and make sure it is still enjoyable to play.

-Bin

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Vury_,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme of your map is unoriginal as we already have a map based around a volcano (BabyVolcano). Before creating a parkour please make sure to check out this template here (https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/) to see all the maps accepted on the server!
The build of your map is a problem. The build is just mainly floating islands of stone which doesn’t resemble a volcano. Next time try considering making one large main build with lots of detail based around your theme.
The parkour of your build fits the length of an expert map so good job on that! The parkour is way too easy for the expert difficulty through. Your parkour is lacking variance, only things that are incorporated are regular jumps and ladders. To add more variance, try adding more jumps with unique blocks like pots, water, heads, vines, etc. Your parkour was also a bit annoying as there were many troll items throughout the map.[Elly]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.