WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
Username: WICKEDMagma
Map name: Violin
Photos:
1593936364860.png

The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot visit WICKEDMagma 1
Difficulty: Hard (There are 95 jumps which would put this in the Expert difficulty, however, while the map is longer than what a hard map should be, there are very few jumps difficult enough to actually land this in Expert.)
Number of jumps: 95 jumps & 5 checkpoints (There is one TP block but if you can't add TP blocks at the moment then just make the TP block the end of the map.)

I built this map alone. I used my own violin as a reference. This is also my first map submission and first ever time building a musical instrument on a large scale in Minecraft. Hope you like it!

Last edited:

Pulty

Pulty
Pulty
Ratings
95 jumps is probably too long for a hard map, I would try to land this into the expert category.

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hello o/

The build looks very nice! You did a very good job getting the shape right so good job on that too. I also like the pentagram on the side, very nice touch. Sadly though, I believe there is a violin map so the theme is not original. As a musician myself, I hope the judges will turn a blind eye on that but it's not a high possibility :/

Good luck :)

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
Sadly though, I believe there is a violin map so the theme is not original.
That's wrong.
1594016645953.png

So far, this is the only map to focus solely on a violin.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
Ok So I would love to give you a +1 but I will keep it a 0.

Parkour: Honestly The parkour needs to be shortened a lot to make it a hard, fits expert.

Build/Theme:Original but Unoriginal. The build is Original but the theme "Musical Instrument" is kind of IMO Unoriginal.

Good Luck though
-Noah

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
the build is very very similar to my violin though, which is the majority of the Orchestra map.
Your Orchestra map is not solely focused on the violin. You have a trombone and piano which features 1/3 of the parkour. My violin is very very different from yours. I have a more accurate shape and structure, not to mention you don't even have the F-holes on either side of the bridge, which is abnormally curved. Don't get me wrong, your map looks nice, but I'm just comparing the two instruments.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello WICKEDMagma,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is a bit unoriginal because as mentioned above, Orchestra is largely based around a violin. Yes, that is not the sole focus of that map, but it is still very similar.
The build is
accurate to what you were going for, and there are quite a bit of details to be seen throughout the build; from the actual violin itself to the decorations on top! I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this!
The parkour is the main concern. The length is a bit long (this you already addressed when submitting your map.) The difficulty of the jumps is also inconsistent; some jumps are harder and some are easier. Try to have a consistent difficulty throughout your entire map! (In this case, I'd recommend buffing it to the expert difficulty.) There is some variety to be seen within the parkour itself; however, there is quite an abundance of ladders, so try to use less of these!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.