Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi nasser!
I would have to give this submission a +0.25 rating! The build is lovely! The theme is a little generic to me though for this not-so-generic build. I think changing the name of this submission from "Tree Island" would help it get accepted :)

While the build is lovely, the parkour is where it's really falling short. The parkour is not integrated into the build at all, and almost clashes with the build and takes away from the lovely structure :( Try to integrate the parkour in with the build more and use similar color blocks to the build, and attach jumps to the build more so they don't appear messy.
The parkour is also not varied or mixed much (varied as in you haven't used a lot of different kinds of blocks to make the jumps, while mixed refers to the cohesiveness of these jumps throughout the map as a whole). Try to use more weird blocks and distribute them throughout the map to make more interesting parkour.

If you want help making any of these changes, I'd love to hear from you! You can message me on Discord (Quinny#2316) or if you see me in game, feel free to message me there too so I can help you out :)

Also please not that while I may be staff, I am not a Map Judge, so I have no influence over your submission. I just like to give critiques on map submissions to help improve people's skills in the community!

nasser_919

MVP
nasser_919
nasser_919
MVP
Ratings
Hi nasser!
I would have to give this submission a +0.25 rating! The build is lovely! The theme is a little generic to me though for this not-so-generic build. I think changing the name of this submission from "Tree Island" would help it get accepted :)

While the build is lovely, the parkour is where it's really falling short. The parkour is not integrated into the build at all, and almost clashes with the build and takes away from the lovely structure :( Try to integrate the parkour in with the build more and use similar color blocks to the build, and attach jumps to the build more so they don't appear messy.
The parkour is also not varied or mixed much (varied as in you haven't used a lot of different kinds of blocks to make the jumps, while mixed refers to the cohesiveness of these jumps throughout the map as a whole). Try to use more weird blocks and distribute them throughout the map to make more interesting parkour.

If you want help making any of these changes, I'd love to hear from you! You can message me on Discord (Quinny#2316) or if you see me in game, feel free to message me there too so I can help you out :)

Also please not that while I may be staff, I am not a Map Judge, so I have no influence over your submission. I just like to give critiques on map submissions to help improve people's skills in the community!
i'm new to parkour so i dont mind some help , i jsut wanted a nice place where people can enjoy

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello nasser_919,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build is really good. It's really nice to look at and is overall built very well, so well done!
The parkour isn't great, a lot of it is very repetitive, as you used a lot of normal blocks. You did have a few other types of jumps throughout the map which is good, but you did use a lot of normal blocks to transition between these jumps. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when building jumps, this will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
A lot of the parkour is floating. Try to implement the parkour into the build more, and avoid having too many jumps floating around the build, as this can make your map look a bit messy.
The length is good for a hard map, and the difficulty is good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.