The staff are racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
As of recently, I have been banned by an "Mod+" within the Manacube staff team. The reasoning towards this ban is that I have an "inappropriate skin". In normal circumstances this would be a respected decision. However, in this instance I find the ban truly horrifying. Four years ago I had a friend who was very close to me move away back to Bangladesh where he was born for personal reasons. This obviously had a great impact on my life as it meant I wouldn't be able to talk to him or see him anymore. As a sign of remembrance to our friendship we both chose a skin that we thought looked like ourselves and had the other person wear it. We chose skins as Minecraft was something we always used to play and would continue to play. I am now being made to change my skin otherwise I won't be allowed back onto the Manacube server. Staff have given further reasoning that the skin is inappropriate as it looks like a "derpy Bin Laden". I find this truly offensive as this skin was chosen by my friend to resemble him, not Bin Laden. I also feel that this could be interpreted as a racist act. This is due to the fact that this "Middle-Eastern" skin is said to be "Bin Laden". Are they saying that "middle-eastern" skins are all "Bin Laden"? I then went into the Manacube Discord seeking help and after no response, I realised that the same member of staff that banned me was streaming, "2020 Bedwars". This bewildered me as surely this member of staff, being such a high ranked member, should be online in the server or online in the discord but instead he was ignoring his responsibilities and advertising other servers. I attempted to talk to him via his "Stream chat" however, after calling me "pathetic", he timed me out from his stream. Right now, I could be grinding out on the Manacube server assisting my faction of maintaining the f-top position or I could be helping ensure the walls to our factions base are checked so no one is raiding us but instead I am sat waiting to be un-banned whilst a member of staff is ignoring the problem completely. As a new member of the server, I have no rank. However, I have been wanting to invest money into the server to gain the ability to have an "Elite" rank. I have no longer got this desire to donate to the server because of the lack of judgement and responsibility from this member of staff.

Attachments

Ratings
8 1
Oh my, that is incredibly unreasonable and not logical. Staff should hurry this post along and unban you. Very poor and inconsiderate move on manacubes staff. Not only is this a very clear representation of racism it is also such a wrong thing to do. It’s now 2020 and people need to be treated more like people. Higher-ups defiantly need to speak to whom ever banned you and give them a crash course in basic respect. Acts like this would deter any new or upcoming player on the manacube server I don’t blame you. Hope all is well with you and your friend.

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
The exact skin you have chosen to use on our server is labelled as ‘Osama Bin Laden’ on many skin websites. Therefore this is not a skin we are going to allow on our servers - along with others such as Hitler.

You can claim racism all you want however I can promise you that this is not the case. We are looking at the person, not the race. The Mod+ who banned you was just following the servers rules that are set in place.

You could have avoided this ban by taking to the staff member who banned you. As we give warnings before banning for inappropriate skins. However you chose to ignore this therefore it led to this situation.

However, if you still feel like this is the case then feel free to create a staff reports. You can find this in our ‘support’ section of the forums.

I will be locking the thread to stop this going anything further. Please PM me if you want to talk over this more. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.