Rejected The Inverted Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
2020-10-10_18.05.35.png
Personally i think this build is quite well executed and very well proportioned. u probs could put a few more block variation on the clothing and mirror but that is besides the point. Well done!

The parkour is most likely going to be the issue the judges will have with this map as the jumps are quite repetitive in some sections and lack the variation they are looking for. the jumps themselves were more suitable for a hard parkour but the length signifcatnly exceeds the limit for a hard map. this map has alot of potential if you are willing to rework the parkour to fit either an expert or insane difficulty. I can probably lend you are hand if you are struggling to think of ways to improve your parkour. also alot of the parkour is floating and i would suggest a different route which is more integrated into the build.

Anyways goodluck with your submission and like my discord is BDOsborne#4442 and my ign is BDOsborne

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Looks great! Good luck.

<Inktest>

Forum Expert
ELITE
Inktest
Inktest
ELITE
Ratings
228 6
The building looks great

Some parts of the parkour feel like hard, and some like expert, so I can't say which one I would go with, but overall it's pretty good, the only part I didn't like was the first ice part but maybe it's because I'm bad at parkour.
Overall, great map

RedHoodieOn

Ratings
9 19
this might get accepted, but you have a lot of floating blocks. You must be good at building, because the build looks incredible!

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey AbsenceV,

I regret to tell you that, for now, I'll be rejecting your map.

The theme is original, as we don't have any maps like this one yet. The build is just great. The organics are really good and I can see that you put a lot of effort into building this. You did a great job, it might actually be one of my favourite map builds I've seen on Manacube so far! The parkour is the main issue. Most part of the parkour fits the hard difficulty, some jumps are more catered for the medium difficulty, and a few jumps fit the expert difficulty (especially the first jump) better. You could make the parkour much harder and resubmit it as an expert, or try to keep the difficulty consistent at hard, rather than having some expert and some medium jumps (if you would resubmit it as a hard map the parkour would need some shortening!). You did use nice block variety which is good, but the parkour feels quite grouped. By this, I mean that there would be a sequence of some ladders, then pane jumps, then fences etc. This can make your map a bit repetitive to do. Try to mix up the jumps a bit more to make it more enjoyable!

I strongly encourage you to resubmit this map once you've improved the parkour!
Have a great day,
Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.