jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Hey guys. Not sure if this will actually be looked at by staff but I had a few ideas for cool items that could be put into crates. All of them kind of follow the same theme of tracking some specific stat that isn’t normally tracked which I guess means admins would have to do a little more than rename another sword and put an effect on it.

1. Item that tracks amount of deaths in challenge mode: Similar to in adventure how it tracks how many times you use your compass/fall it would be cool to track how many deaths you have on challenge mode. I figure this is more of a challenge mode thing because the pressure plate actually tracks what map you’re on but what do I know. This way people could like try and go for deathless runs of a map and have proof without having to record.

“Stat-Trak sword” (or other item besides sword): I’m stealing this one from csgo where they have knives that tracks how many frags you get. Instead an item that tracks how many completions you have while the item is in your inventory. It would just be a cool little thing and the more completions the item has, the rarer it could be considered.

These are just 2 ideas I had but this concept of small stat tracking dedicated to one item can definitely be expanded upon and I would be interested to see what other people could come up with.

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
1. stuff like /whereami or start/end triggers for maps are able to track what map youre on in normal OR challenge mode, not just time so this could be applied to both of them, resetting if another map is picked etc, hell a reset counter could probably just be added to chal built in but considering how some people already dislike having a timer on them, i dont think adding a death counter would help that LOL but its a good idea

2. is just kinda dumb fun with no negatives so sure yeah good idea

solid ideas, as long as it doesnt take a bunch of dev time away from more pressing matters, good ideas

TechnobladeFan55

Dedicated Member
MVP
TechnobladeFan55
TechnobladeFan55
MVP
Ratings
103 14
I like these ideas. There is definitely room for improvement when it comes to Parkour crates and am definitely open to ideas on how to improve them :)
I don't play Pk but maybe an item that every few minutes you can get levitation for a few seconds so if you're stuck somewhere you can get past it with the item. Of Corse I don't play Pk but thought it could be useful.

Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
649 7
I don't play Pk but maybe an item that every few minutes you can get levitation for a few seconds so if you're stuck somewhere you can get past it with the item. Of Corse I don't play Pk but thought it could be useful.
Unfortunately Levitation was added in 1.9 so will not work for players that play on 1.8. Being able to levitate on Parkour also nullifies the whole aspect of parkour imho, but am open to hear what the parkour community think about this as a possibility for the future. Appreciate the suggestion :)

Duo

Helper | Earth
Helper
dduoo
dduoo
Helper
Ratings
110 3
When playing parkour, a question that always comes to me is "ah if I could only set a checkpoint here and not have to do that part". So, I suggest a portable checkpoint! The checkpoint could have a limit of 2 uses within 24h or something similar.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
Unfortunately Levitation was added in 1.9 so will not work for players that play on 1.8. Being able to levitate on Parkour also nullifies the whole aspect of parkour imho, but am open to hear what the parkour community think about this as a possibility for the future. Appreciate the suggestion :)

god no, that ruins parkour, NEVER ADD THIS. Jump boost exist but still sucks balls
Post automatically merged:

When playing parkour, a question that always comes to me is "ah if I could only set a checkpoint here and not have to do that part". So, I suggest a portable checkpoint! The checkpoint could have a limit of 2 uses within 24h or something similar.
Already a thing