Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
So, this has been an ongoing issue for a while... when I block a player using ./ignore I'm still able to see their messages in shout. This is annoying and frustrating because if there is a person who is bothering me, staff usually suggests blocking the person, especially if no rules are actually being broken. This is problematic because if the player has shout they can still send messages that are annoying. Currently, there is no way for me to control this. I have tried turning my chat off and switching it to commands only, but shouts are able to still go through since they are counted as commands. If I were to disable chat entirely, it'd basically be impossible to play Manacube at all, since it's important for me to be able to access warps and teleport to people. As of now, chathide is still broken on many of the gamemodes, mainly the ones that have recently been released/reset. Even with chathide enabled, I'm sure you're still able to see shouts, which completely defeats the purpose of chathide. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on this one ^^) I believe the best solution is to implement a feature that makes it so players can disable shouts client side, or make ./ignore and ./chathide apply to shouts. At the end of the day, all I want is to be able to talk to my friends in-game without having to deal with players who are bothering me.

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
Hello - I understand why you think seeing shouts despite ignore & chat hide is problematic and I agree with your idea. It would be a great idea to implement a feature and/or command that could either ignore shouts from certain playerso or toggle shouts altogether. Like you mentioned, another alternative would be changing /ignore and /chathide to hide shouts as well.

Hopefully, this feature will be implemented so chat becomes more clean for people that prefer not to read /shout messages!