Rejected Stranger Things Parkour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molly Parks

Donator
Ratings
guitarshark951, Stranger Things, /plot guitarshark951, Medium/Hard, I have played on this server for many years but, I took a long break and basically had to restart. I have always loved the parkour part of the server the most and always wanted to make a map. I am 18 years old from the United States. I have played Minecraft for many years. This map is a scavenger hunt to find Will Byers. You start in his house, make it to the woods and then find a portal to the upside down. Now, you have to make it through and see if Will is there. You eventually find Will and deliver him safely to his best friends, Eleven, Mike, Dusty, Max and Lucas.
I appreciate you taking the time to consider me. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected]. Thank you!
2020-07-03_14.36.40.png
2020-07-03_14.36.31.png
2020-07-03_14.36.13.png
2020-07-03_14.35.53.png
2020-07-03_14.35.41.png
2020-07-03_14.35.26.png
2020-07-03_14.35.34.png
2020-07-03_14.35.02.png

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey guitarshark951,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Personally, I think that this map is pretty similar to one of our other Stranger Things-themed maps called "Byers". This map features the Byers household and the upside-down, two major things you showcase here. Besides the forest, they're not very different. So, I'm leaning on this map being rather unoriginal.
  • Build: Personally, I don't like the build that much. It feels all over the place, even if that was your intention. The lack of a central focus proves to be a rather major issue. Furthermore, it also has issues with its detailing/shaping and the floating parkour. It's all so minorly detailed and basic (the house, trees, and nether bit). You could definitely put some more work into them to make them look better. And, of course, integrate your parkour better with it so it doesn't hinder its attractiveness.
  • Parkour: The map is definitely more fitting for the medium difficulty, in both length and difficulty. It did have a big problem, though, this being how repetitive it was. The beginning was just fences, the forest was just ladders, and then there's a bunch of head hitters at the nether part. It just felt so linear and uninspired that it proved to be rather unenjoyable. You need to be more creative.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.