Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
It's back, and better than ever!!

Name: Pink_Bovine (A Pink Cow#1902), Tastronaut (tas#0331)
Map Name: The Melting Clocks

Plot: /plot v Pink_Bovine 1
Difficulty - Insane
Jumps: 120
CPs: 12

OUTLINE OF CHANGES MADE:
- Parkour has been entirely rebuilt by Tas to fit Insane difficult (previously hard)
- 2 Entirely new sections have been excavated and rebuilt :) - the tesselation room and the cavern in the back
- Path of parkour is entirely outlined and easy to follow

About the map: The Persistence of memory is probably the most famous surrealist painting by Dalí, you've probably heard of it as the 'Melting clocks' :). The map features 3 of the distorted watch faces, along with a dead tree that towers above.

Personally the highlight of the parkour is the 3 successive slime jumps from the top of the tree for me to the bottom!
What's your favourite jump?

Thanks in advance! Come test it out! Feedback is always welcome
Pink :)

Pictures as always:
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.20.56.png

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.27.34 copy 2.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.21.22.png Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.22.24.png Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.23.26.png Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 16.26.11 copy.jpg

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
First off, build looks fantastic; as surreal as the original picture! Played the map and the parkour was a small amount confusing and repetitive in small places but not for long, parkour was epic to sum it up!

9/10 - hope it gets accepted :D

Acid

Last edited:

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
First off, build looks fantastic; as surreal as the original picture!

I'll play the map tomorrow and edit this post !

Acid
thank you!! c: I look forward to your critique
76619867_2914965001881448_1185567078577340416_n.jpg

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Pink and Tas,

I am writing to let you know that this map is being put in Ongoing. This means that your map has undergone a primary review by a map judge and is ready to be discussed among the map judging team. Please be patient with us during this process, as it can take a few days for us to come to a final decision on your map! The thread will now be closed from public comments.

If you have questions in the meantime, message me on Discord.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Pink and Tas,

I am happy to tell you both that this map is being accepted! The theme is original as you know, and the build is accurate to what the painting looks like. I do think that building parkour on this map was naturally challenging because of the way the build is, and I'm glad that you were better able to make the parkour fit on this last revision.

The parkour is a lot better now, and I think turning it into an insane was a great idea. The parkour is mixed and varied, and was overall really unique and fun to play. I'm usually not a fan of mazes or puzzles in maps but I found the jump puzzle to be pretty enjoyable. I also like the use of the space of the map so that the parkour was mostly interior and non obtrusive to the painting. Good work!

Thanks for submitting this map and all your efforts to make it work. Persistence is key! If you have questions, feel free to message me on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.