Resets.

Reset servers more often

• Total voters

Zenal

Ratings
8 1
Server gets too dull when there isnt constant resets theres only so much to do and it gets boring. If it were 3-4 length maps itd keep things a hell alot more interesting. Just givin my 2 cents

ExclusiveKeeper

MVP
ExclusiveKeeper
ExclusiveKeeper
MVP
Ratings
I mean just my 2 cents worth on this, having them be so spread out time wise I actually wouldn’t mind, as it gives you time to play one mode, switch over to another, play it for a while, switch to another, so on and so forth, so you can get the experience and enjoy all the different servers.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Server gets too dull when there isnt constant resets theres only so much to do and it gets boring. If it were 3-4 length maps itd keep things a hell alot more interesting. Just givin my 2 cents
For which gamemode ? They're all very different.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Resetting, in my opinion, is no simple thing and with resets come a lot more additions and new things to do to the specific server that got reset. With so many separate servers on ManaCube resetting my often would be more harder to do and I feel that 1 year resets are perfect as It gives the community enough time to settle down and complete all of their goals on the server :)

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Resetting, in my opinion, is no simple thing and with resets come a lot more additions and new things to do to the specific server that got reset. With so many separate servers on ManaCube resetting my often would be more harder to do and I feel that 1 year resets are perfect as It gives the community enough time to settle down and complete all of their goals on the server :)
To be fair I think a focus on less content and just resetting and fixing a few bugs here and there would also be really good. Even if it meant reset was every 5-6-7 months and only every second one came with fresh content

Having been in end game for so long has been really boring and takes away the essence of game modes like factions, survival, islands and Skyblock. Obviously this isn't an issue for skyblock right now but the point still stands

Raptor

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I find with rests come a lot of bugs, and bugs are always a problem. More constant resets could cause more problems bug wise, which could make it harder for Dacon and the devs to fix everything.

Zenal

Ratings
8 1
For which gamemode ? They're all very different.
I’d say factions and prison would be my obvious ones skyblock would be nice aswell. I only say this cause the servers get very dry and I get very bored. Along going with this they have a lot of bugs on these servers so they need more of a behind the scenes team working on fixing these plugins for being such a large server I’m surprised they don’t have a larger dev team working on things like this.

ocandicexx

ELITE
crookiexx
crookiexx
ELITE
Ratings
58 2
Honestly - I only have really played through Survival resets and I think it wouldn't hurt to reset the server every 6-8 months rather then the entire 12 or longer..
The server gets very limited for new players as there are plenty of parties over the season that join - build and then leave for their builds to just disband in the while taking up perfectly good building space for dedicated players!

It would definitely make the grind more intense but hey - the point of the survival game is stats right ? the gold stars ? would definitely make it risky!!! :D

Zenal

Ratings
8 1
-
Sure resets arent a simple thing but this is a larger server. Which should have a larger dev team to keep up with the demand of new plugins and keeping things interesting for players. As is there are alot of bugs on every server so maybe a new dev team is a thing to look into. Keeping 1 year resets only make it more difficult for new people to join in as the rest of the community is so far in and declines from new players wanting to start up on a server.

RebeliousHaz

Dedicated Member
VIP+
RebeliousHaz
RebeliousHaz
VIP+
Ratings
60 1
-

Sure resets arent a simple thing but this is a larger server. Which should have a larger dev team to keep up with the demand of new plugins and keeping things interesting for players. As is there are alot of bugs on every server so maybe a new dev team is a thing to look into. Keeping 1 year resets only make it more difficult for new people to join in as the rest of the community is so far in and declines from new players wanting to start up on a server.
I would agree that we need more devs on the Manacube Staff team, but there are complications as well with that. First off would be paying a large team of them. Of course, the server gets income from the players, yet there are quite a few expenses (Monthly payouts, SOTM, server networking, etc). Also, people need to apply and would need to pass requirements.

Plus, even with a decent-sized dev team, it still takes a while to create or apply new plugins. I'm not a developer, nor do I have experience of it, but I know it takes a lot of work. That work takes time to create new content, configure glitches, make sure other plugins don't conflict with one another, etc.

----
Regarding the long seasons, I feel like it should be a bit shorter (Like maybe 6-9 months), but I still like how they are long. Personally, it gives us more time to create memories and cherish the season. On an economic look, yeah it does get kinda absurd (especially cubit prices), but it is inevitable to grow. Having a shorter season encourages a FAST rising eco instead of a steady paced one.

Last edited:

Stardust

ELITE
StardustOfficial
StardustOfficial
ELITE
Ratings
Just my two cents, if you get bored that easily try taking on bigger projects. There are structures you can build in Minecraft that can take you years. It's a limitless game, the only limits are those you impose on yourself (or from impatience).

(also love how the poll is heavily biased but people including me voted no anyways )

Edit: didn't see how old the thread is, I thought it was newer because of enderplayz recent reply, sry for necro