ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hiya Guys,
Whats the given notion of ratings here?
They seem to be given out very sparingly is this due to people only rewarding truely exceptional content or is it because people do not generally give ratings

- Raptor

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Hiya Guys,
Whats the given notion of ratings here?
They seem to be given out very sparingly is this due to people only rewarding truely exceptional content or is it because people do not generally give ratings

- Raptor
I personally think its from a personal standpoint: If you find something really helpful, then you can mark that as "informative". People usually don't just rate things because they are there, they rate things that they find really cool/helpful/friendly. I'd agree with @InfinityxKatrina on the point that friendly is probably the most used. Of course, there are some exceptions to this, like people who will go around disliking people's posts because they just don't like the person, or people that just like every single post, etc.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Thanks both of you for your input I'll try and do these things I just don't want to be giving out things that some have to really work for and I give them out willy nilly
Have informative both of you :)

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
I see it more as favoritism really. Some people here only give rating to their friends.
Honestly, I agree. There have been people who have asked me "hey I'm applying for staff, can you upvote all my posts so I have a better rating", and my response usually is "if they are good posts, and I agree with them, then ya". Rating doesn't matter that much, and spamming posts doesn't really either. Anyways, that's my rant for the day :).

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Obviously I'm going for staff but regardless of the outcome I do genuinely have an interest in continuing discussion on the forums although there doesn't seem to be too much.
True, and same. Although the forums can be quite lonely sometimes, I find that with people like you, @Sonic_Raptor, you breathe life back into it, which I love! I'm always around to chat, and have a good time :)

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
I'm always up for a chat, are you online rn I'd love to come show you how bad I am at parkour!!
OMG same. I'm not currently on because of a water-cooling problem I've been having with my P.C, but when I come on (should be a day or two, finally new GPU came yesterday) I'll be happy to fail with you!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Honestly, I agree. There have been people who have asked me "hey I'm applying for staff, can you upvote all my posts so I have a better rating", and my response usually is "if they are good posts, and I agree with them, then ya". Rating doesn't matter that much, and spamming posts doesn't really either. Anyways, that's my rant for the day :).
You're correct; how your posts are rated doesn't really affect your staff chances. What matter is if the content is helpful/informative.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Well I'll endeavour to answer more. questions and stuff of that ilk hopefully some people will post questions soon
A couple of questions come around every day; I actually have a google doc of "common responses" that I can almost tailor to each post in order to answer it. It's really nice, because I can just pull it up, and then copy-paste, and then edit it a little. But that's only for easy things to answer.

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
I see people using reactions quite often. Might be the dislike/disagree reaction when I reject staff applications but not the point.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I use reactions a lot, not just specific ones, and not just for my friends. Most of my friends on the server don't use the forums.