Question of the Day #4

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
If you were to make your own server, what type of gamemode or gamemodes would it consist of and why?

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Either Skyblock or OP Prisions.

Both of those are my favorite gamemodes on Manacube, and the ones I played on old ones before I found manacube.

For some who don't know, I code some of my own Minecraft server plugins for fun, that I like to tinker around with in-game. I have my own little test server for myself that I run on localhost. If you don't know what that is, its basically just a server set up for me only, not port-forwarded, or anything like that. This test dummy of a server that I run every few weeks has basically every gamemode that I could think of, which makes it quite crazy. Because of that, I've had experience with running/playing on all of the different gamemodes that have come to mind for me in the last two years.

Back to my point, I'd say Skyblock or Prisions because of the fact that they have so much creativity, without having the threat of dying or having to restart because of things out of your control. You don't have to worry about claims (survival), other people raiding you (Factions), or raging out of your mind (Parkour). Creative would also be a fun gamemode to have, so in the end, one of those three would be my picks.

But alas, we have Manacube! Thank the gods!

-Wings

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
May be a bit bias here, but Skyblock/Islands. Both are very similar to the point that they would both be enjoyable to play.

Capporo

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Capporo
Capporo
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Survival or Skyblock
I love these both gamemodes because the both consists of survivalist type of feeling and the feeling of creating more structures for your gameplay.

Thank you!
:D

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Either Skyblock or OP Prisions.

Both of those are my favorite gamemodes on Manacube, and the ones I played on old ones before I found manacube.

For some who don't know, I code some of my own Minecraft server plugins for fun, that I like to tinker around with in-game. I have my own little test server for myself that I run on localhost. If you don't know what that is, its basically just a server set up for me only, not port-forwarded, or anything like that. This test dummy of a server that I run every few weeks has basically every gamemode that I could think of, which makes it quite crazy. Because of that, I've had experience with running/playing on all of the different gamemodes that have come to mind for me in the last two years.

Back to my point, I'd say Skyblock or Prisions because of the fact that they have so much creativity, without having the threat of dying or having to restart because of things out of your control. You don't have to worry about claims (survival), other people raiding you (Factions), or raging out of your mind (Parkour). Creative would also be a fun gamemode to have, so in the end, one of those three would be my picks.

But alas, we have Manacube! Thank the gods!

-Wings
That's a aspect I never really thought about, I don't necessarily agree because without death or risk there's no challenge. I really like your reasoning for your most favorite gamemodes tho :D

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Survival or Skyblock
I love these both gamemodes because the both consists of survivalist type of feeling and the feeling of creating more structures for your gameplay.

Thank you!
:D
Interesting! Does factions not give you that survivalist feeling either? I feel like that is the same as survival but with more challenge

Capporo

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Capporo
Capporo
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Interesting! Does factions not give you that survivalist feeling either? I feel like that is the same as survival but with more challenge
actually it does Idk why it didn't come up :D ty

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
I may be extremely biased with my opinion, but I'd have to say Skyblock.

Skyblock is the first Minecraft game mode that I ever played together with my brother and friends, coming onto ManaCube and seeing Skyblock re-ignited the memories and I'm having great fun playing it.

However, for someone that's never played a game mode before, I'd still have to say Skyblock. There's just so much to do - quests, challenges, expand your island, make it look better, make farms, trade with other players, grind for your goal and most importantly just have fun. As Wings said, there's no fear of dying which makes the whole experience a lot calmer and more peaceful. If you want the challenge of being able to die, just go into PVP!

Maybe I'll expand my ventures onto other game modes in the future, but only time will tell. As of now, I'm quite happy with Skyblock and everything it brings with it. All the challenges, the community and calm environment.

-Roza

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hardcore factions and duels, as well as original PvP minigames. I have a few ideas that I've not made yet, but I have a gamemode concept that would essentially be 4 different elements (water/ice/snow, fire, earth, and one other element [i forgot lol] who would be placed on a large circular/square map, with each element getting 1 quadrant of the map. Each team would try to cross into the others territory and kill the king as well as bring back his crown. It'd be a bit like capture the flag, but there's a few unique twists. It's not fully fleshed out of course, just a concept for one of the many gamemodes I would have.

MasterPusheen

VIP
MasterPusheen
MasterPusheen
VIP
Ratings
16 1
Hardcore. So the server would have a season normally taking 1-2 months. If you died you would be sent to a purgatory like server where you could earn a 2nd life by doing a hard task. At the end of the season (you would have to play at least 15 minutes every day) anyone who is still alive would get a title that says HardcoreSeason(season number)Survivor. then there is a reset of the map and it starts again

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
I may be extremely biased with my opinion, but I'd have to say Skyblock.

Skyblock is the first Minecraft game mode that I ever played together with my brother and friends, coming onto ManaCube and seeing Skyblock re-ignited the memories and I'm having great fun playing it.

However, for someone that's never played a game mode before, I'd still have to say Skyblock. There's just so much to do - quests, challenges, expand your island, make it look better, make farms, trade with other players, grind for your goal and most importantly just have fun. As Wings said, there's no fear of dying which makes the whole experience a lot calmer and more peaceful. If you want the challenge of being able to die, just go into PVP!

Maybe I'll expand my ventures onto other game modes in the future, but only time will tell. As of now, I'm quite happy with Skyblock and everything it brings with it. All the challenges, the community and calm environment.

-Roza
I believe skyblock is an all around need to try gamemode, and i enjoy your depth in explanation why it is your favorite :D

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Hardcore factions and duels, as well as original PvP minigames. I have a few ideas that I've not made yet, but I have a gamemode concept that would essentially be 4 different elements (water/ice/snow, fire, earth, and one other element [i forgot lol] who would be placed on a large circular/square map, with each element getting 1 quadrant of the map. Each team would try to cross into the others territory and kill the king as well as bring back his crown. It'd be a bit like capture the flag, but there's a few unique twists. It's not fully fleshed out of course, just a concept for one of the many gamemodes I would have.
I definitely agree with hardcore factions being a interesting server to run, I think the grind is worth it, no pay to win bs. It really focuses on team work and efficiency as a whole :3

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Hardcore. So the server would have a season normally taking 1-2 months. If you died you would be sent to a purgatory like server where you could earn a 2nd life by doing a hard task. At the end of the season (you would have to play at least 15 minutes every day) anyone who is still alive would get a title that says HardcoreSeason(season number)Survivor. then there is a reset of the map and it starts again
Cool concept! I like that, it sounds very different. You might have a lot of things to worry about though, like fairness for new players, and keeping the gamemode interesting and intriguing so they keep playing.

DaChihuahua

Ratings
Thats such a cool idea!

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Skyblock, OP prison and kit PvP. I find those as the most entertaining game modes. I could play them for hours
Honestly, I grew on factions and kitpvp and somehow never really got into prison in general. Felt like a time waster type of mode, any prison server suggestions for me?

Claire ❤️

koolimbe
koolimbe
Ratings
16 5
I love modded servers. I've always been bitter about the amount of effort it takes to connect to a FTB server, for example. If you want to use Forge, you need the right package for the right release of the right Minecraft version, and to connect to the right server, which doesn't even work half the time. And connecting through Twitch and the FTB Launcher is another pain in the behind. If I could run any Minecraft server, I would run a modded server that was easy to connect to. I don't know how I would, but if I could I would.