PVP Revival / Rebalance Across -ALL- Game-modes

Uninhabited

PATRON+
BigB1ackClocks
BigB1ackClocks
Patron+
Ratings
Pvp across, Survival, Prison, Islands, Towney, have all been pretty unbalanced and undesirable for anybody to partake in for a while now and though nerfs have been applied to many items to attempt to balance pvp on some of these game modes the fact remains that the “pay to win” or people that can afford items that give an edge always run pvp. As a “pay to win” myself and from the outside looking in, it’s become very apparent pvp has become a whales game, whoever has the next game breaking item that gives you the next best buff makes you un-killable (not that you weren’t before) and in a lot of peoples opinions making a rift between the type of people that would even want to participate.
-
For example on Survival, even with a saturation nerf, space blaster / zurg nerf, cape feather, rabbits feet nerf, people remain un-killable. The metas shift every time a new item releases but one thing that doesn’t change is that nobody can die. It takes a 2v1 or 3(maybe even 4 or 5) v1 for somebody to actually die all the while the free to play gear and weapons are considered fodder and the people that can’t afford to buy crates for new items or are new and want to experience the pvp of that game mode are harshly shunned away because of how big the gap is between people with meta weapons / meta armour and the best stuff you can get as a free to play. It’s gotten so bad that on towney, people have outright quit because of how pay to win it has become.
-
I’ve noticed across all game modes pvp has gotten so dull because of the lack of engagement in pvp, “op” players fighting “op” players will have hour long fights resulting on nothing until (they either combat log) or til they get outnumbered.
-
Basically what We’re saying is that pvp should be an everybody’s sport, you can argue it is, it it’s really not and we think the first steps to make it a more welcoming experience is first balancing things that make it impossible for new people to get involved. Alone of the best experiences in pvp is killing somebody strong, as strong as you or stronger than you hear wise, and the edge that op items give makes actual skill not even even a factor anymore.
-
Sincerely - Un11 as well as rest of us

<developer>

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
twnku
twnku
VIP
Ratings
182 10
+ Bring back old space blaster, or at least buff the fire rate back to normal (dont care about the damage), its fun for PVP.

#JusticeForSpaceBlaster

superflyGreeeee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
superflyGreeeee
superflyGreeeee
ELITE
Ratings
50 14
That's why I switched to mana kitpvp, it's not pay to win at all, as the best armor in game is p3 diamond which anyone may craft, can't agree more about this posts validity

bxbb

ELITE
bxbb
bxbb
ELITE
Ratings
I would like to say I completely agree with un1 on this situation. I am also one of these “whales” and I have seen this problem throughout the entirety of this season and I have a few suggestions to help rebalance the pvp experience. Nerf the slowness effect of the lucille, nerf items with absorbtion and regeneration (Eros and love axe),

xxRHAMERxx

PATRON+
RHAMER
RHAMER
Patron+
Ratings
I personally think its too far gone to fix with nerfs and adjustments in kind without sincerely pissing off those who take the time to source, buy/trade for items to then have them basically killed for the sake of a more even pvp.

I know overpowered items seem to be a negative idea this season but the reality is, these items make the game fun and create that competitive edge. With the amount of reapers and freedoms that people have lost in all different ways, they are more rare than ever and cost a fortune which is def. a contributing factor to that rift. I dont think there will ever be a fair and effective way to level the playing field without alienating a group one way or another and that truly just is not fair if we are being honest with ourselves. Its basically punishing ppl for playing/trading at a high level or p2w as everyone says.

Its a slippery slope that has been started this season and I for one have a bad taste in my mouth with some things that have been done. If it continues unfairly in this manner, its literally pushing me away as im sure it is with many others that continue to try and play/trade at a high level. The implants nerf alienated the entire server for the sake of the wishes of a few. Being unkillable isnt much fun but that didnt level the playing field, its just hindered the mid-tier players from even standing a chance.