Helper | Earth
Helper
dduoo
dduoo
Helper
Ratings
110 3
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share an idea I've been thinking about for our Earth Towny server. As someone who's more into building and exploring rather than PvP, I noticed something that might help players like me, as well as newcomers.

Right now, when we use `/t spawn [town name]` to jump to a town, there's no heads-up if that place is PvP-friendly or not. Sure, you can find out by doing `/t [town name]`, but not everyone knows to check this, and it can lead to some unexpected and unwelcome surprises, especially if you're not into PvP.

So, here's what I'm thinking: What if the game gave us a little warning when we're about to teleport to a town where PvP is on? Like, a quick message that pops up when we use the `/t spawn [town name]` command, just to let us know what we're stepping into.

Here's why I think it's a good idea:
1. **We're all on the same page:** Everyone knows right away if they're going into a PvP zone.
2. **Safety first, especially for newbies:** It's a big help for players who are either new or not into fighting. Keeps things fun and not frustrating.
3. **Better game experience for all:** When you know what's coming, you can get ready for it, or decide not to go if that's not your thing. Either way, you're making a choice you're cool with.

I totally get that PvP is a huge part of Earth Towny for a lot of players. This isn't about changing that. It's just about making sure everyone knows what they're getting into, so they can enjoy the game in their own way.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,192 295
+1

QueenCripple

ELITE
QwnCrpple
QwnCrpple
ELITE
Ratings
+1

I see no problem with PVP enabled towns, but the current method of simply posting signs at spawn leaves something to be desired. Having a simple warning that a spawn is PVP-enabled would be helpful because some people may even simply not read those signs, thinking they are for town members rather than visitors. Having the warning would also negate the need for those signs, which can clutter a town spawn and make it unsightly.

Wedosnipes

PATRON+
WedoSnipes
WedoSnipes
Patron+
Ratings
56 6
I play fallout 76 and if you try to enter a bunker that has pvp enable it will let you know it does and will ask you if you are sure you want to go there

bloubird

VIP
bloubird
bloubird
VIP
Ratings
+1

This would be very useful! Especially if it was implemented similarly to the confirm/deny before spawning to towns that charge for the visit. Unobtrusive, but effective.