Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
Hello Everyone!

Over the last couple of weeks as I trudge my way to 60 hours (I know its 50 be quiet) on Aether, I have been heavily considering applying for staff.

The question I am asking you all is,

Do you think I should apply?

Now some of you may think I am joking because you will probably look up my ban history and think "This guy is a bad cheater!" But ask any staff member you want (specifically warlord), and they will tell you they were all false bans.

The reason I want truthful feedback is because I actually want to help. If you think I should apply, I will, and I will help the community by watching for corrupters and aiding individuals. If you say no, I won't, and will aid the community by trying my best to keep the community clean (nontoxic).

Just so you know, I also meet all the requirements and plan on improving them more.

Also please reply telling me what I can improve on or fix.

Regards,
AriesNinja.

EtherealAccord

ELITE
EtherealAccord
EtherealAccord
ELITE
Ratings
32 2
I would say, that if you think you will be a good staff member, then go for it.
If you don't think you will be a good staff member, then I would advise not doing so.

However, in the end, the decision is up to you whether or not you want to become staff and help people.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,902 47
Although I like you, a bunch of your forum posts are super annoying and it feels like your just posting to up your numbers. Examples are like, when you post on inactive threads, repeat others, make short comments. This might not be your goal, but it is certainly how myself and others feel about it.
As I say to everyone who asks of they should apply, I strongly believe you will have more fun as a player than as staff. Many times have I seen people apply as a last resort to keep themselves active, and I think that's pretty lame.
The only difference I see between players and staff up to sr mod is that players cant directaly punish others. You can still help players, you can still report people, you can still be active and helpful in the development and plans for the game, you can still research and report bugs, you can do it all but type /punish.
Dont think of the requirements as like, 'oh I got to get this done! *rush rush rush*', but think of them as something that you should rather easily pass without noticing. There is a clear difference between those who are desperately trying to be staff, and those who feel like they would be fit.
My biggest recomendations would to be make sure you're active in game, on forums, and on discord. Make sure you have a very good understanding of the rules and of the mechanics of all platforms. Try to make it so if you were staff it would have a deeper meaning of more of a learning experience than of a service.
Lastly, I think the decision to apply should be made by you without influence from others.

Best of luck!

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
Although I like you, a bunch of your forum posts are super annoying and it feels like your just posting to up your numbers. Examples are like, when you post on inactive threads, repeat others, make short comments. This might not be your goal, but it is certainly how myself and others feel about it.
As I say to everyone who asks of they should apply, I strongly believe you will have more fun as a player than as staff. Many times have I seen people apply as a last resort to keep themselves active, and I think that's pretty lame.
The only difference I see between players and staff up to sr mod is that players cant directaly punish others. You can still help players, you can still report people, you can still be active and helpful in the development and plans for the game, you can still research and report bugs, you can do it all but type /punish.
Dont think of the requirements as like, 'oh I got to get this done! *rush rush rush*', but think of them as something that you should rather easily pass without noticing. There is a clear difference between those who are desperately trying to be staff, and those who feel like they would be fit.
My biggest recomendations would to be make sure you're active in game, on forums, and on discord. Make sure you have a very good understanding of the rules and of the mechanics of all platforms. Try to make it so if you were staff it would have a deeper meaning of more of a learning experience than of a service.
Lastly, I think the decision to apply should be made by you without influence from others.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the feedback! I personally don't believe I am trying to "up my numbers", but if that's what you think, that's fine.

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I personally see it as a decision that's totally up to you. Like SSM said, not everyone sees staff as a role that they want to take on for whatever reason. If you feel like you're up to the challenge and want to apply, I encourage you to do so. If you have second thoughts or you don't think being staff is really your thing, you can always wait.

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
You seem like a pretty nice person, but I don't really see you talk a lot or help people in chat on Aether. Also I feel like a lotta bit of your forum posts are spammy/posting on inactive posts/repeating, like what SSM said. For example, you were trying to help someone in a thread recently, but you didn't realize that the post was old and inactive. Those are probably not very good if you are aiming to become a staff member. But if you think that you are ready for the role, I say be brave and go for it! There's nothing in your way stopping you except YOURSELF. So if you are applying, good luck!

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I’m pretty sure my fellow manacubers covered it all :)

If you do decide to go for staff , I wish you the best of luck :D