MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
+0.25. I see that you improved the parkour/build a bit, but I still think it could be done better, like moving the parkour to the back so it doesn't cover Pennywise or fixing the balloon (balloon's size is all off and the black curve doesn't really do much). The theme, as mentioned before, is a tad unoriginal as well.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Theme:
- Originality: 7/10. There aren't any maps related to Pennywise or It, but it does look like a generic person (besides the face obviously).​
- Creativity: 5/10. The theme is a good idea as the film just came out, but as I said it's a plain-looking character.​
Build:
- Attractiveness: 2/10. The build is very plain, and quite blocky. The balloon is dominating and very square, which takes a lot away from the build. I also don't really understand the black squiggly line.​
- Palette and variety: 4/10. I like that you used wool, since its vibrant colours match the build. However, wool is the only block you used, and this makes the build seem plain and rushed.​
- Detail: 3/10. As I said above, not much block variety and the build is very square.​
Parkour:
- Difficulty: 9/10. The parkour matches the Medium difficulty well.​
- Variety: 7/10. You used some interesting blocks like pistons and doors, but I think you could vary the placement a little more. There is little repetition, good job.​
- Fun: 7/10. Variety does a lot to make a map more fun to play, and I wasn't bored while testing this, but I think the flow of the map was lacking, if that makes any sense.​

Verdict:
5/10. There are some good things about this map, but overall I'm not sure that the build will cut it.​
Good luck, and I hope you keep making maps!​

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey piebrian5,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. Although there is already a clown-themed map already ("Clown (Easy)"), this is pennywise-themed and both builds are vastly different, making it original, well done! The PK length and difficulty definitely fit the medium difficulty. There was good variation, map integration, and it was entertaining to play. Good job! The main issue still has to do with the build. The map judge team believes that the build is unattractive and simple, even after the many resubmissions. This is due to the build lacking detail (it is very plain and blocky) and block variation (only wool having been used). I definitely see you have great potential. Tackle on other builds and themes, I'd love to see what you could do! Hope to see more map submissions from you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.