ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hey!
I will be giving your map a +0 as of right now for the following reasons:

First of all the map is fairly original, although one of the more popular theme of builds on parkour revolve around a tree, there is no maps that have a parrot theme. The build is also incredibly attractive, and very well done. My main concerns about your map is the parkour; although the parkour fits the hard difficulty you're aiming for, I found that the parkour could be a bit more varied, as the jumps mainly consist of ladders, fences/walls, and normal block jumps, another thing that could be improved on is the use of floating jumps, in some ways it can make the build look somewhat messy or unattractive and lastly, I think the map would be a good idea to add some more directions to your build, as well as going through and testing your jumps at speed 1 after finishing building as I found myself either getting lost, or stuck on an impossible jump.

To improve on these things I strongly recommend looking at some other maps and taking different kinds of jumps to put into your own map, use more blocks like slime, trapdoors, minecarts, etc. I also think it would be beneficial to use more of the build to your advantage to prevent floating jumps and overall make the make more fun and interesting to do. And as I said above, I think adding more signs / heads to indicate where to go and going through your map with speed 1 would be a great idea.

I wish you guys the best of luck <3
Luci

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello lyricss and Kingaroo!
I am here to give you my review on the map! Please remember that I am not a map judge and my opinion has no effect on whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice! :)

Firstly the theme of your map is GOOD since while there are multiple animal related maps, there isn't a single one related to Parrots. However the big tree part of this map might hinder it's chances as it's a very used concept! I don't think this is the case here though!
Secondly the build of your map is EXCELLENT. The tree is very detailed and well done, and the parrots are recognizable and well done as well! Overall a very pleasing build to look at, well done!
Lastly the parkour of your map is NOT GREAT and I think it's where your map falls short. The map has decent variation and the jumps aren't floating which is good! The amount of checkpoints is acceptable and the length of the map felt good for a Hard map! However I think the map is WAY TOO HARD for a Hard map. There's a lot of really difficult jumps that shouldn't be in Hard maps, some of these include a Neup and a Chest Blip up. I would consider heavily nerfing the parkour and making it slightly more varied as well! There is also an impossible part that should be changed.
2020-06-18_11.48.14.png

You can't go anywhere from the water, which simply makes this part impossible. I also had a lot of difficulties realising where to go from the lowest green carpet there. Change this part to be possible please!

Good luck :D

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hello lyricss and Kingaroo,

Congratulations - Your map is being accepted!

The theme for your map is regular. There is a huge amount of "Minecraft Mobs" and "Nature" maps which made your map kind of unoriginal, but, there are no "Parrots" one so you should be fine.
I recommend you checking our Parkour List so you can verify the originality of your theme.

The build for your map is incredible, there is a lot of detail that has been put onto this map which made it look outstanding. I congratulate you both for coming up with such a tremendous build.

The parkour for your map fits the difficulty that you have chosen. Although, I recommend you for future maps to come up with more original jumps as it looked repetitive while doing it. The parkour is also well incorporated to the build which made it look organized.

- Parkour resolved in-game.

If you have any questions regarding your map or submissions in general, please contact me on Discord, my name is fau#1734. Or start a conversation with me on the forums.

Thanks for submitting a map and I hope to see more maps from you in the future!

Best Regards,
Faudon

Status
Not open for further replies.