Rejected Parkour Map - Pumpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AfroSnail

Information:
  • Username: AfroSnail
  • Who built the course? - AfroSnail
  • Photos of the course are attached to this thread.
  • The course is located at /plot home AfroSnail.
  • Difficulty: Easy
Number of jump:
31 jumps (if you go to the left).
30 jumps (if you go to the right).

There is a bit of climbing in the Parkour, so the amount of jumps I wrote may not be correct.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
This may be too wide for submission to be successful. In Dacon's post for Requirements and the Format of Map Submission, he states extremely wide courses may interfere with other courses.
Though I may be wrong, this is only a theory.

-1 from me.
Kind regards,
camron315

A

AfroSnail

This may be too wide for submission to be successful. In Dacon's post for Requirements and the Format of Map Submission, he states extremely wide courses may interfere with other courses.
Though I may be wrong, this is only a theory.

-1 from me.
Kind regards,
camron315
Yes, you're probably right. Even though I didn't use the entire plot at all, I still found it very huge compared to other maps I've seen

Thank you for the constructive criticism, I appreciate that!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review :
Theme
Really bad theme, don't pickup a Minecraft theme because there is a lot of parkour this theme and it's a really unoriginal one. Also, there is already a Pumpkin parkour (Pumpkin) who is practically the same thing that your parkour. Be careful next time !

Build
Your build fit with the theme. I just don't understand why you put some weird floating island around the Pumpkin.
Also try to build your parkour a maximum on your build and not floating around. Try also to decorate floating block around and not only one single floating block.
Camron say before that your build is too wide : I'm not totally in agreement. Yes, your build is a bit wide, but there is some parkour who is more wide than your's. Example maybe ? : Your parkour is 68 blocks wide.
Steampunk : 72 blocks wide
HauntedMansion : 78 blocks wide
DHMIS6 : 105 blocks wide
TheSimpsons : 104 blocks wide
Too many Insane ? Ok time with some Hard one :p
DutchLand : 66 blocks wide
ForestTemple : 105 blocks wide
Library : 115 blocks wide.
And I don't even check every map and Expert, Easy and Medium one (because I fed up a bit to count blocks xD). So clearly, we don't care a bit about the width.

Parkour
Your parkour is not so good, there is any variation of blocks, so try to put some ice, slime, fence, ladder.. Even if it's an easy one.
Your parkour is pretty clear, the balance between length and difficulty is good too.

Miscellaneous
The pressure plate at the end need to be a stone one.

My opinion
Not gonna be accepted mostly because of the theme. You build looks good and your parkour need some improvement.

But I'm not a map judger ! So their opinions can be different :p

A

AfroSnail

there is already a snowman themed map in easy but I still like it and and I will give it a +0.5
Thank you very much!
[DOUBLEPOST=1514729621][/DOUBLEPOST]
Review :
Theme
Really bad theme, don't pickup a Minecraft theme because there is a lot of parkour this theme and it's a really unoriginal one. Also, there is already a Pumpkin parkour (Pumpkin) who is practically the same thing that your parkour. Be careful next time !

Build
Your build fit with the theme. I just don't understand why you put some weird floating island around the Pumpkin.
Also try to build your parkour a maximum on your build and not floating around. Try also to decorate floating block around and not only one single floating block.
Camron say before that your build is too wide : I'm not totally in agreement. Yes, your build is a bit wide, but there is some parkour who is more wide than your's. Example maybe ? : Your parkour is 68 blocks wide.
Steampunk : 72 blocks wide
HauntedMansion : 78 blocks wide
DHMIS6 : 105 blocks wide
TheSimpsons : 104 blocks wide
Too many Insane ? Ok time with some Hard one :p
DutchLand : 66 blocks wide
ForestTemple : 105 blocks wide
Library : 115 blocks wide.
And I don't even check every map and Expert, Easy and Medium one (because I fed up a bit to count blocks xD). So clearly, we don't care a bit about the width.

Parkour
Your parkour is not so good, there is any variation of blocks, so try to put some ice, slime, fence, ladder.. Even if it's an easy one.
Your parkour is pretty clear, the balance between length and difficulty is good too.

Miscellaneous
The pressure plate at the end need to be a stone one.

My opinion
Not gonna be accepted mostly because of the theme. You build looks good and your parkour need some improvement.

But I'm not a map judger ! So their opinions can be different :p
Thank you for all constructive criticism!

I had no idea that there was a parkour nearly matching mine already. I haven't seen all of the parkours on the entire server yet ;)

But thank you very much again!

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Yes, you're probably right. Even though I didn't use the entire plot at all, I still found it very huge compared to other maps I've seen

Thank you for the constructive criticism, I appreciate that!
No problem. I wish you luck with you're submission.

Kind regards,
camron315

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hai there,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

The theme you chose is not quite original, nor is the build. In the future, make sure to pick an original theme and have your build represent it. The jumps are also not too fun, they are repetitive and lack variety. It makes the course a bit too easy / boring. Look around the parkour world for some inspiration and reference, in particular the newly added courses.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.