• Total voters

Axolotl

MVP
luom
luom
MVP
Ratings
32 1
Hello! Axo here. I'm just writing this as some suggestions for the new season, or upcoming seasons.

-1, I think a custom enchant that goes on pickaxes that extends the range of your pickaxe would be cool.

-2, I think that auto-sell is way to expensive, at 800,000 its super hard to get, and it isn't even that good.

-3, For the mines, don't use glazed terracotta. I get the idea of doing colors instead of ores, but I would use concrete or normal terracotta. The glazed terracotta's just aren't that good of a block.

-4, Spawners where a big part of last season, and now that they are super hard to get, and very grindy, I don't see many people actually using them. (as well they break, which is very annoying)

-5, Now that the off hand works, things like crossbows with fireworks and finally work, but since you fixed the off hand, maybe change the keystone button off of F, because F is the button for the off hand. (Don't get me wrong, I have been wanting an off hand for a long time)

Thanks for reading, and I hope you take these into consideration.

Last edited:

Axolotl

MVP
luom
luom
MVP
Ratings
32 1
If I'm being honest, not many people actually like the reset
bad reset.PNG

monmon21

nobrains21
nobrains21
Ratings
Having server menu on "switch to off hand" button is indeed very frustrating. I almost lost my pickaxe once - I clicked on the menu button and it got switched to off hand. When I was done with the menu my pick "disappeared" (it was there but was invisible, I had to click on a slot with another item to update it and reveal it, which made me throw it out on the floor).

And about spawners - it's now gated behind PvP mine which is kind of unfair. As a new player there is no way you are going to farm monsters there. And it's not because they are tough. They are not. The problem is that some players with a good gear camp it 24/7 and deny any attempts new players make( especially on a second server) making it impossible to get anything which slows your progress alot. Even if you kill one or two of them(players) - they immediately teleport back and go for the throat. There is no respawn CD, diminishing returns or anything that can stop someone from griefing you nonstop untill you quit(which is exactly what happening now). At this point it's not PvP, it's just bullying. Those ppl do sell spawner fragments but the prices are just unfair. The whole thing is not fun at all for a fresh player in my opinion. You have no gear - it's expensive to craft it at start. The only sources of xp are monsters in hell(which you can not do most of the time coz you get actively denied) and smelting stuff in the furnaces(which is slow af). It's super hard to enchant anything, but being fully enchanted is pretty much the only way you can do anything. I was killed multiple times from recieving just 2 hits with an axe while wearing VIP armor(that is +2 prot) so even this is not enough. The only thing you can do consistantly is dig, and thats barely get you anywhere and takes ages.

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
Thanks for taking the time to bring your suggestions to the forums! I always love getting involved in discussions about Olympus, especially when it comes to adding or changing features!

In terms of the reset in general, there is always issues when servers reset. I’ve been on Olympus since season one, and have witnessed this 3 times now from both a player perspective and a staff perspective. Resets always have their flaws and their bugs, it’s a matter of suggestions, repairing issues and patience from both sides.

I do have a few things I’d like to touch on. Firstly, with your point about autosell being fairly expensive, I totally agree. I think the price being high certainly encourages players to mine more (and with it being a prison gamemode, makes sense) but I think there is a middle ground which could be met with that - expensive, but doable.

Secondly, I don’t think the type of block used in the mines matters too much as the main concern usually is how much money do you make from the block - as long as the price is fair and you’re making a decent amount from it, I think that’s the key thing. However! With ores being removed, I’ve noticed you don’t get regular EXP when mining in the regular mines now, which significantly makes the chances of buying custom enchant books (/ce) more difficult.

Lastly, with the implementation of the off-hand and the keystone menu, you have the option to change the key in your own settings if it is proving to be an issue. I think this is a matter of preference, and if the player wants to switch the key for their off-hand so they have access to the keystone menu without both activating at once - or alternatively, simply have an empty hand when opening the keystone menu.

Again, great suggestions! I look forward to seeing this thread grow, and hearing more about the community’s suggestions.

Axolotl

MVP
luom
luom
MVP
Ratings
32 1
I totally agree, the only reason I brought up the blocks in the mines was because glazed terracotta doesn't look good, its not that it isn't selling for enough. And I agree that since the mines don't give you regular experience makes getting custom enchants a lot harder. as for the off hand, I know that I use the off hand for my cross bow and fire works in pvp, and so I need the off hand, if I where to change the key binds it would mess me up. as well, maybe some people don't know how, or are to lazy to change the key binds. For auto sell, I think it is a good idea to make it fairly expensive, so you have to grind for it, but I feel like 800K is way to much, maybe 100K?

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
I totally agree, the only reason I brought up the blocks in the mines was because glazed terracotta doesn't look good, its not that it isn't selling for enough.
Totally understandable! I personally like the design of the terracotta in some mines, like Zeus’ (Demigod, I believe?) for example - but I can see why you may prefer another block, that’s your prerogative! <3

And I agree that since the mines don't give you regular experience makes getting custom enchants a lot harder.
I think this is certainly one of the bigger issues in the game currently, considering the custom enchantments has been a large part of Olympus. They could change the currency, or hopefully revamp the mines again to include ores, or have a custom plugin to have the glazed terracotta drop EXP - either way, it’s gonna be a lot of work, but I think it needs to be resolved some way.

as for the off hand, I know that I use the off hand for my cross bow and fire works in pvp, and so I need the off hand, if I where to change the key binds it would mess me up. as well, maybe some people don't know how, or are to lazy to change the key binds.
I’m not one for PvP or PvE, but now that you bring up the combat aspect, I can understand how this would be annoying, especially if people are used to having certain keybinds.

For auto sell, I think it is a good idea to make it fairly expensive, so you have to grind for it, but I feel like 800K is way to much, maybe 100K?
Wholeheartedly agree with you here - I think 100k is the closest to what it used to be (I’m pretty sure it was 75k unless I’m mistaken), so that way there is some increase, but it’s not too drastic. Trench is the only enchantment I think worth saving up a huge amount of mana for.

Axolotl

MVP
luom
luom
MVP
Ratings
32 1
Last season autosell was 25K, and I feel like that was a bit cheap. 100K is a good medium between being too cheap, and too expensive. for the glazed terracotta, it is my personnel opinion, and that a lot of people do like how it looks.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I really enjoy the reset

I feel that the spawner system implemented makes the game mode as a whole more skill and strategy base rather than most alts based. The players I see complaining about the spawner system were those who just ran alts and didn't play the game to get leaderboard positions. This will make the season more interesting for a longer time as the person who grinds the most for cores and fragments will mosts likely come out on top of leaderboards

I also see players complaining about autosell being expensive but the reason for this was so that you can't just max out your pick in the first days of playing. The game mode becomes very repetitive when you max your pick and all you can do is mine normally. Even know we have seen players already getting auto sell and working towards trench when reset was not even a week ago. In order for the game mode to not get stale and dead like last season, things need to take time to be worked towards.

The off hand is what triggers the opening of the keystone. There is nothing that can be done to prevent this from happening

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
I disagree with 1,2,3,4.
I think trench is already pushing the limits of how op this prison should be.
I think 800k for autosell is too cheap to be honest. Since backpacks work now, that is a better investment to avoid spending the mana on autosell. You can grind 800k in 2 days easily without trench.
I don't have a problem with glazed terricota. I think you just need a better texturepack! I reccmoend SSM's foot. https://manacube.com/threads/texture-pack.65815/
the whole point of this season is to be prison based, not afk spawners and alt2win. Spawners are an adition to mining to get more resources, and some money while afk.
I like the idea of changing the keysonte button, but I think it only works because its the 'place in offhand' button. I think there needs to be an actual Minecraft control to create an action like that. They could move it to 'advancements' button, which is [L], but then you would open the advancements menu everytime you press it.

Referring to your comment about people not liking this season, in that screenshot I only see 2 people complaining, and one of them is a known trouble maker who makes huge issues out of everything. The other person, I've never heard of them, so I'm assuming they're solely basing their opinions off of the things others are complaining about. This season brings so much more to the game than before, and while there are some bugs, the vast majority of game-affecting ones have been already fixed, and its only 4 days into the season.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 91
I disagree with 1,2,3,4.
I think trench is already pushing the limits of how op this prison should be.
I think 800k for autosell is too cheap to be honest. Since backpacks work now, that is a better investment to avoid spending the mana on autosell. You can grind 800k in 2 days easily without trench.
I don't have a problem with glazed terricota. I think you just need a better texturepack! I reccmoend SSM's foot. https://manacube.com/threads/texture-pack.65815/
the whole point of this season is to be prison based, not afk spawners and alt2win. Spawners are an adition to mining to get more resources, and some money while afk.
I like the idea of changing the keysonte button, but I think it only works because its the 'place in offhand' button. I think there needs to be an actual Minecraft control to create an action like that. They could move it to 'advancements' button, which is [L], but then you would open the advancements menu everytime you press it.

Referring to your comment about people not liking this season, in that screenshot I only see 2 people complaining, and one of them is a known trouble maker who makes huge issues out of everything. The other person, I've never heard of them, so I'm assuming they're solely basing their opinions off of the things others are complaining about. This season brings so much more to the game than before, and while there are some bugs, the vast majority of game-affecting ones have been already fixed, and its only 4 days into the season.
I disagree about the price , I think the price should be something more affordable like 150-250k if not then 400k.

Axolotl

MVP
luom
luom
MVP
Ratings
32 1
I had a AFK spawner farm, but i have not once used an alt, also, spawners are the main way to get crafting ingrediants, and so now lots of items are locked to players who can grind 24/7

Axolotl

MVP
luom
luom
MVP
Ratings
32 1
and one of them is a known trouble maker who makes huge issues out of everything. The other person, I've never heard of them, so I'm assuming they're solely basing
yea, you cant really take derpy seriously. but i just wanted to make an example. also right now as im posting this, lots of people are saying the season came out to early

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
I disagree about the price , I think the price should be something more affordable like 150-250k if not then 400k.
that would ruin the whole point of backpacks. btw, separately, I think special backpacks should be added that includes a sell booster for the items in them. maybe +0.1x. maybe these can only be accessible through monthly crates.
also cheaper autosell would basically make you have completed the game in the first week

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 91
that would ruin the whole point of backpacks. btw, separately, I think special backpacks should be added that includes a sell booster for the items in them. maybe +0.1x. maybe these can only be accessible through monthly crates.
also cheaper autosell would basically make you have completed the game in the first week
maybe ,I decide to buy backpack instead of autosell if cheaper

Incompleteekoala

Dedicated Member
ELITE
InCompleteeKoala
InCompleteeKoala
ELITE
Ratings
I had a AFK spawner farm, but i have not once used an alt, also, spawners are the main way to get crafting ingrediants, and so now lots of items are locked to players who can grind 24/7
Personally, I like that spawners are a lot harder to get and that its more grindly than last season. The game mode is Prisons meaning it's based around mining. Last season it wasn't really based on mining but more around mining to get spawners, then afk those spawners. That was the one major part that I didn't like about last season, is that it was all about spawners rather than mining when its a prison server. Just didn't make sense to me if I'm honest.

This season isn't based around spawners its based around grinding. A lot of people last season stopped playing for a bit because they got bored of afking for so long, which is completely understandable. With how this season is set up around being grindly rather than afky it will, one be a change of pace, and two make it so there is a lot more to do than last season. And personally I like that aspect of it.

This is how I see it, prisons is a game mode that is solely based around grinding. You're supposed to take 5 hours to mine to get to the next rank. Yours supposed to grind for days on end to get the items that you need. How I see it is just cause last season had something that people liked doesn't mean it will make the game mode better as a whole. If you go back to prisons a 4,5,6 years ago, not many servers even had plots for people, they have 9x9 or so cells that you could make shops with. It wasn't based on afking spawners or anything. It was based on mining for hours on end to get items to sell to other players or buy items from them. I think that sorta prisons is what is trying to be accomplished except with more advanced things added to it.

But again that's just my opinion and how I see things. And lets all just remember to be respectful ok. Lets try to just discuss things in a respectful way and not get personal ok. <3

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
OKIE OKIE I am here ti give my thoughts!

For context Prisons has always been my game mode of choice on minecraft and I've played a good mix of servers. I have also been playing Olympus since season one so I have a lot more things to compare to this current season.

Overall I think that even though this current season is extremely different from past seasons it is way closer to what prisons is meant to be. It not only fits the gamemode better but is now even more unique with it's rebirth challenges and systems put in place. I enjoy that it is no longer a spawner only economy as it discourages some boosting and pay2win attitudes. However, my perspective is now split into two. Not only am I actively playing again but I am still staff- so I not only have to think about the overall fun the game gives but the rules and how changing aspects may affect them and the community as a whole.

I disagree with changing the price of autosell to be lower, as a player I am also frustrated with how difficult it is to obtain but that is the whole point. This gamemode is meant to be time consuming and take a lil bit of brain power out of ya.

About the off hand and keystone off key- I actually think that is an amazing suggestion and I will bring it up if no one else has yet to the staff team.

monmon21

nobrains21
nobrains21
Ratings
Mines are kind of colour coded. It would be cool ,imo, if more colored blocks could be added to them? Like, for example, you have a green mine. Instead of having just green terracotta and stone you could get some other random green blocks as well? So if you want to build something green you would just go to a green mine and get some? You could also make certain mines to rarely spawn special blocks. Like, blue mine can get you a rare lapis block, red one - redstone block etc. It would make the process slightly more exciting and meaningful rather than just mine and dump.