Mining xp on pickaxes

What do y'all think

• There should not be a way to get miningxp AND mana from pickaxe-effects.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • There should not be a way to get miningxp from pickaxe-effects

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Getting miningxp and mana from pickaxe-effects is okay

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Softijsje26

QA Team
Softijsje26
Softijsje26
QA Team
Ratings
87 15
Hello Olympusplayers,

Recently there have been added a few pickaxes with effects where im strongly against. This are the trench, blocks around you one and the heph pickaxe one.
What do these pickaxes have in common? They give miningxp while using the effect. To my knowledge the heph pickaxe gives 250 xp per use(10 sec), shell pickaxe(10 sec) 200 xp per use and quantum pickaxe(15 sec) 90 xp per use.

Im against this because it gives a big unfair advantage to the other players. To take the quantum pickaxe alone, it gives you every hour if u use it 1/6th of what you can get in a hour. This means if someone without such a pickaxe gets 6 mil while a diff player gets 7 mil. This is a huge difference.
Also looking at mining top is the only leaderboard that pays out. This means if there is a new player they have a harder time to get a good place in mining top what is one of the good ways to get cubits.
These pickaxes also give mana, im against that myself since that is the main currency. This means more mana in the game and also easier to raise prices of for example cubits. While those already going up fast.
I have attached a poll to this and would love maybe a discussion in this forumpost about your opinions, the options are:
There should not be a way to get miningxp AND mana from pickaxe-effects.
There should not be a way to get miningxp from pickaxe-effects
Getting miningxp and mana from pickaxe-effects is okay

MudMaid

ELITE
MudMaid
MudMaid
ELITE
Ratings
As someone who has been chipping away at the mining top with a regular pickaxe up until now, it is quite distressing to hear those figures.

I'm in agreement that these effects do provide a very unfair advantage towards the mining top. I believe that an individual's Mining XP should illustrate the amount of time and effort they have put into mining, as opposed to serving as an indictment on the amount of times they've activated an effect on their paid pickaxe.

In regards to obtaining mana through these effects, I personally believe that their impact on the economy is quite minimal, and is not at the heart of the issue at the moment. One specific individual (not naming names) has been heavily inflating the price of cubits by overpaying for them, and through this has convinced many people into believing that it is acceptable to be charging egregious prices for their cubits.

This is not to say that I can falsify the notion that these effects are having an affect on other aspects of the economy though. I am open minded to this idea, and would in no way be opposed to the removal of the collection of mana in this way.

BIG DOSSY (Dacon's Owner)

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
As someone who has been chipping away at the mining top with a regular pickaxe up until now, it is quite distressing to hear those figures.

I'm in agreement that these effects do provide a very unfair advantage towards the mining top. I believe that an individual's Mining XP should illustrate the amount of time and effort they have put into mining, as opposed to serving as an indictment on the amount of times they've activated an effect on their paid pickaxe.

In regards to obtaining mana through these effects, I personally believe that their impact on the economy is quite minimal, and is not at the heart of the issue at the moment. One specific individual (not naming names) has been heavily inflating the price of cubits by overpaying for them, and through this has convinced many people into believing that it is acceptable to be charging egregious prices for their cubits.

This is not to say that I can falsify the notion that these effects are having an affect on other aspects of the economy though. I am open minded to this idea, and would in no way be opposed to the removal of the collection of mana in this way.
Games the game, the pick clearly isn't impossible to obtain. The people that don't have it should just try and get it instead of complaining. I doubt whatever the effects are will be changed if they are the main thing to make the pickaxe special.

(I don't play and have never been into the mining side of things so what I'm saying may be slightly one sided but just my opinion from what I've read)

The price of cubits will never stay the same its just something that you will have to get used to overtime. There is always people that will overpay for obvious reasons.

SaraRella

Mod
SaraRella
SaraRella
Mod
Ratings
219 3
Though I don't mine, I can definitely see how this could be an unfair advantage to players who can't get ahold of these kinds of pickaxes. While I do think the effects should still give some kind of advantage, I don't think it should help you in a way where it's easier to get on mining top. Newer and f2p players should still be able to have a chance at getting on top and with the advantages some older/p2w players have that's not as achievable as it should be in my opinion.

BIG DOSSY (Dacon's Owner)

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
Though I don't mine, I can definitely see how this could be an unfair advantage to players who can't get ahold of these kinds of pickaxes. While I do think the effects should still give some kind of advantage, I don't think it should help you in a way where it's easier to get on mining top. Newer and f2p players should still be able to have a chance at getting on top and with the advantages some older/p2w players have that's not as achievable as it should be in my opinion.
Although it may be harder, it is still possible for f2p players to get these pickaxes. If someone decides to not spend money on the game or maybe doesn't have the money to spend on manacube, there is still ways to all get these items that give advantages. Obviously it is harder and takes longer to grind than it is to just pay but that's how will be for most minecraft servers. Almost everything that gets added with each crate will give an advantage and the p2w players will get it first such as the f35 pickaxes which definitely made it easier to get onto mining top, but nobody really seemed too upset when they were first introduced? Unless I just never came across it.

xHexie

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
nytk
nytk
Patron+
Ratings
88 22
Although it may be harder, it is still possible for f2p players to get these pickaxes. If someone decides to not spend money on the game or maybe doesn't have the money to spend on manacube, there is still ways to all get these items that give advantages. Obviously it is harder and takes longer to grind than it is to just pay but that's how will be for most minecraft servers. Almost everything that gets added with each crate will give an advantage and the p2w players will get it first such as the f35 pickaxes which definitely made it easier to get onto mining top, but nobody really seemed too upset when they were first introduced? Unless I just never came across it.
when u coming backk??