Rejected Minecraft Singleplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey there!

It's really cool you took the time to create and submit your map, and I think you did well! However, there are some issues with it.

BUILD:
  • You did a decent job with the build, and I was able to tell what it was!
  • Build is overly simplistic in shape and color
  • Some areas of the build don't look like their equivalent things in-game
  • Floating island style maps are discouraged and almost never accepted.
THEME:
  • There are already a lot of biome/world themed maps, and so unfortunately this theme is very unoriginal.
PARKOUR:
  • The parkour is OK, and it all seems to be possible and is not particularly bad.
  • The parkour is mostly regular block-to-block jumps, try to mix it up!
  • Difficulty-wise, it is too easy even for an easy map in my opinion, and it doesn't fit into a difficulty well.
OTHER:
  • Make sure to take a look at this wiki page if you haven't already, it'll help you out and increase the chances of your map being accepted!
Despite this, great job and keep up the great work!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Ebeohp10,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are many minecraft/biome themed maps already. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't great, as it is quite simple and plain - I do understand that it would be difficult to add a lot of detail to a build with this theme. Try to experiment with the blocks you use when building though, to create more detail.
The parkour is very repetitive, most of it is made up of regular blocks. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when building jumps, also try and change up the way you utilise these blocks, to create original and enjoyable jumps.
The difficulty is good for an easy map, and the length is good for an easy/medium map.
I would recommend looking at this page from our wiki - https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps for some extra tips on building maps & creating jumps.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.