Nikd0

VIP
Nikd0
Nikd0
VIP
Map submission:
Name: MChallenge
Creator (nick): Nikd0
Warp: /plot h Nikd0 (in the MapMaker World)
Facing: Positive Z
Difficulty: Insane (eventually Hard)
No. of jumps: 115
Checkpoints: 6 + 1 at the start

Photos (thumbnails):
a.png b.png c.png d.png e.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Nikd0,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although your map's name is "MCChallenge". this is just themed after biomes and floating islands. So, as we have a lot of floating island/biome-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. Besides how unoriginal it is to do floating islands of different biomes, the map itself is very messy and unattractive. You just have all of these randomly scattered islands and jumps creating this cluttered and all over the place feel. Which is something that is not very pretty to look at. You need to create a central build and then integrate your parkour into it, or else you'll end up with this.
  • Parkour: The parkour was too long for how easy it was. If anything, it's a hard map, but hard maps are 60-80 jumps and this is 115. So, you're going to have to either buff it or nerf the amount of jumps. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be incredibly boring to do. Take for example the solely head or solely barrier segments. These two segments use the same jump and block for the majority of the segment. That's not fun to do. You need to incorporate a wider variety of jumps (and blocks if you want to make it be visually different) so that your parkour is fun to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.