Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/design: For your parkour theme, not exactly sure what 'mayan' is or means but I think I get some sort of the picture, unfortunately, this theme doesn't really look unique at all, there are countless maps with floating island parkour like yours unfortunately and a dozen temple parkour maps sadly so, unfortunately, your theme is UNORIGINAL. For the design it's pretty basic from my view, you did put some work into it but it's a quite simple parkour map sadly, the temple didn't really have much work on it and the terrain/terraforming is very simple.

Parkour difficulty/variety/length: For the parkour length it certainly does match that of an EASY parkour map which is certainly good to see, personally a little too long but that's just my personal opinion honestly, for the parkour variety it's very simple, I did see you use ladder jumps and block jumps but that was basically all, I recommend adding head jumps, flower pot jumps, anvil jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, etc.

Good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey GabeUrBoi,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we don't have any maps themed after Mayans or Mayan architecture, we do have a couple of maps with pyramid/tower/dungeon builds. So I really don't think this is an original map. The build doesn't excuse it enough.
  • Build: The build is not very good. The portrayal of the theme is very poor as the pyramid/dungeon builds here are very basic and uninspired. We expect builds to be better than this. It's just floating islands with minimal effort stone builds. You have to work on having a central focus and your build choices.
  • Parkour: The parkour was easy enough for the difficulty but it felt a little too long, I'd recommend cutting back on a couple of jumps. But, the parkour did have a problem with its variety. It just felt so repetitive and boring to do as you used identical jumps throughout the map. You need to not have carbon-copy jump segments and instead use a variety of blocks/jumps when making parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.