Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
How about... everything and everyone is given an exception...?
I wish this could happen.

However, I would actually like to see this happen some day LMFAO

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,192 295
oo i know the perfect way to make staff better make it necessary for them to have to wear cool glasses
Post automatically merged:

oo i know the perfect way to make staff better make it necessary for them to have to wear cool glasses
dont react with funne im serious

Last edited:

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,192 295

dont react with funne im serious
IM NOT JOKING STOP REACTING WIT FUNNE

//warned Stop telling others how to respond to your posts and stop making posts that add nothing to the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

skydude1234

Dedicated Member
MVP
skydude1234
skydude1234
MVP
Ratings
52 25
The fact that an admin answers with a funny react to a serious suggestion only indicates how disrespect is spread by staff
you see, this is why I follow u
also FACTS
staff is no better than the players themselves (including admins)

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
The fact that an admin answers with a funny react to a serious suggestion only indicates how disrespect is spread by staff
Staff members are disrespectful and this admin is an example of that [...]
Hi!

I found your post funny for a few reasons, and I thought if you're looking for more transparency, you'd like to know that. Mainly because your understanding of our processes is incorrect, and some of the suggestions coming from you are a little much given your recent behaviour.

You don't understand how the management of the staff team works, so to make the claim in your second point is incorrect, nor do you really need to understand. Staff are managed by a team of people, not just a singular person, and they are not ranked/scored by arbitrary punishment numbers.

Regarding your fourth point, all appeals are handled as a group. One person will take point to gather the evidence, speak to the banning staff member and then bring it forward so that everyone reviews the evidence and situation surrounding a punishment.

During these discussions, people will play devil's advocate, and points will be presented from all sides of the argument so that everything is considered and debated before a final judgement is presented to you. I explained this to you personally at the start of the month.

You seem to think that staff members are biased towards you when all they're doing is taking all your behaviour on the server into account when they're issuing punishments. Something they're supposed to do and that you're recommending. However, it seems that when this is turned on you then its a bias and has nothing to do with your behaviour.

I need to figure out where to begin with your fifth point. I'm assuming you're annoyed that you were punished for saying things we don't condone, as per my recent messages with you. Players who dox are not welcome on the server and if you can supply proof of players doing so, we'll be happy to remove them. Feel free to submit a ticket regarding this.

While I do agree with your sixth point, not because it will make staff "less bias", but because I think it would be helpful to players. However, it has been discussed many times and we've compromised here and there on what should be placed on the forums. There aren't any plans to alter things currently, but that may change in the future.

So, yes, I found your post funny. Is that disrespectful? No. I can disagree with you, see some of what you say as funny and still respectfully speak to you.

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Dylan

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
staff is no better than the players themselves
staff are people too. You can't expect them to be happy and cheerful 24/7. I'm sure they don't enjoy dealing with ignorant people but they still do.

Surzy

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Surzy_MrSure
Surzy_MrSure
ELITE
Ratings
199 3
Manacube’s Staff Team works like a machine, each individual person plays a part to keep it all running. Each member is valuable and has different expectations and responsibilities. Wooly, as you have acknowledged, staffing is volunteer based, which means that each staff member takes time out of their day, and out of playing recreationally to cultivate and maintain a positive environment for all the other players, whether that means keeping chats appropriate, game-modes fair, events and game modes functional and updated, etc. The logical conclusion of that is those with higher ranks have more responsibilities to attend to, which can explain why admins seem more distant. Without the work of the staff team— but especially the admins— none of what happens would be possible. It is understandable that your relationships with admins may seem less personal, but I assure you that they are all incredible individuals, and after getting to know many of them, I have lots of respect for them all.

The metric staff use to punish players is extremely fair. It’s not as if it is perfect, because no human system is, but it functions in a way that toxic individuals who are constantly ruining the experience for others are punished harsher than good people who make a mistake. They do not tolerate illegal or blatantly malicious behavior, so people who do go out of their way to put another person in danger do not get the benefit of the doubt. For other offenses, however, staff leverage enough evidence to show intention or behavioral pattern without a reasonable doubt. If punishments and investigations used unsubstantiated claims or subjective methods as a foundation, there would undoubtedly be public outcry.
It is completely unreasonable to assume that staff should list every single specific detail or instance that would be impermissible. It would be far too long and no one would read it. The general statement does not exist for staff to punish players subjectively, and it is not used that way. Even in cases where it seems that there is a violation of common decency, staff try to give the benefit of the doubt. For example: there was a recent event in which players had to decorate snow globes. The top 3 players would be awarded with a title. However, the player who won first place had copied their build from a YouTube tutorial. There was no rule against this action, but stuff recognized it was unfair, and gave the 4th place player a tag as well. They gave the benefit of the doubt because there was no rule, even though common sense would say that is cheating. They accommodated the 4th place player to make the event more fair anyway. It is not a perfect system, but even when examples like this are glaringly obvious, staff tend to be lenient and understanding.

I understand there can be some frustration when you don’t seem to feel like you were communicated with properly, but you haven’t really provided specific criticisms or examples, or ways to fix it (other than ‘get better’) so your conversation is going to be unproductive.

Now to address specific ”criticisms.”

”Staff aren’t extensively trained”
If staff were immediately made to be mods or higher upon applying, this might be a genuine concern, but they aren‘t. Helpers get months of experience and grow to understand how the staffing system works before being promoted to mod or having more responsibilities. You watch and learn from others, and grow over time. Most staff are not promoted quickly, unless they clearly demonstrate experience and understanding with their responsibilities.

“Staff aren’t paid“
There is a reason that staff are not compensated outside of staff of the month. Players would obviously complain about it being unfair, as Purpz had mentioned, and more players with more selfish and questionable motives might apply. The idea is that being a staff member is something you choose to do because you love the server and community, and you show that by sacrificing some of your own time and recreation to improve it for the majority of others. Of course there would also come the legal issues of wages. Child labor laws differ in different countries, and that may cause problems for staff members under 18. You could suggest that staff should be 18 or older, but then many capable and extraordinary people would be denied or deterred.

I can understand your frustration, but your criticisms seem to be more about the people you don’t personally know more than the actual staffing method. It once again leads to an extremely unproductive discussion.

Surzy

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Surzy_MrSure
Surzy_MrSure
ELITE
Ratings
199 3
How come a player is more respectful and comes with a better response than an admin can during an argument ?
I was staff, so I have the benefit of knowledge, but now I am not staff, nor do I play Skyblock, so I haven’t had to witness your behavior within the last few months.
The staff team and the admins do not need me to step in to defend them, and everything I mentioned—excluding the example I gave— are the same things they had said just rephrased or reworded (or can be gathered by common sense). They had no obligation to answer you on this thread, especially with how hostile and disrespectful you appear to have been.
If I had personally witnessed your repeated behavior I likely would be just as frustrated as they might be, but even now they are being extremely courteous to you by even responding. You have gotten a lot more of an answer than the vast majority of players would.
You seemed to agree with what I previously had to say, so let’s leave it at that, stop instigating, and move on.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 91
I was staff, so I have the benefit of knowledge, but now I am not staff, nor do I play Skyblock, so I haven’t had to witness your behavior within the last few months.
The staff team and the admins do not need me to step in to defend them, and everything I mentioned—excluding the example I gave— are the same things they had said just rephrased or reworded (or can be gathered by common sense). They had no obligation to answer you on this thread, especially with how hostile and disrespectful you appear to have been.
If I had personally witnessed your repeated behavior I likely would be just as frustrated as they might be, but even now they are being extremely courteous to you by even responding. You have gotten a lot more of an answer than the vast majority of players would.
You seemed to agree with what I previously had to say, so let’s leave it at that, stop instigating, and move on.
Still doesnt matter you werent required to give me a proper response and yet you did and next to that you also gave the best one .

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
How come a player is more respectful and comes with a better response than an admin can during an argument ?
Staff shouldn't have to tell you in the first place to be more respectful and to stop acting stupid. The only reason you got a nice response out of a player was because they said themselves they weren't there to witness your behavior, and they said that your behavior was hostile and disrespectful. I'm sure after countless times of staff trying to be nice and give you a reasonable response they just can't put up with it anymore and i don't blame them. All you ever do is fuss about everything and you're not willing to reason whatsoever. No one should have to give you anything, but they chose to because everyone damn well knows if a staff chooses to ignore you after countless times you continue to treat them poorly, you're just gonna complain more about the fact they're ignoring you.

Last edited: