IMPORTANT opinion based post... Ranks and Entitlement

Have you been affected in ways like the text below?

• Yes, I have a few times.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, I haven't at all.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, very frequently.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

acousthicc

VIP+
acousthicc
acousthicc
VIP+
Ratings
16 1
Hello,

I really needed somewhere to let this out besides global chat. Not a really appropriate place to say what I need to say.
I'm not somebody who cares about what people think of me or how I am treated. However, it's come to my attention that a lot of highly ranked players seem to be more friendly with their fellow highly ranked players than the rest of the server. (Before you freak out, hold on! Keep reading.)

This doesn't apply to EVERYBODY. But I feel alone in this situation. I always try my very best to be kind to everyone despite what rank they have! It's mainly Elite and Patron players I see ignoring what I, and some players say. Once again, this isn't everybody. I've met some really, really nice players with this rank.

I just believe, like in the real world, that some people with "more stuff" ( like money ) may believe that they are automatically superior to the rest.

If I were to have the privilege to have such a high rank, enhanced chat, etc, I wouldn't hesitate to get my words out there!!! How was your day, I hope everybody is doing well, and helping other players! I'm positive if you've got a high rank on any of these servers, you've gotta be smart on that server (ex: skyblock elite/patron most certainly know the ways of skyblock)! Spread your knowledge! It always makes me so happy when I'm able to help other players.

Am I the only one who sees this happening around me? Has anyone else been straight up ignored or given an attitude when you're just trying to be kind and have fun? Or maybe you were asking for help... I don't know. Perhaps it is just me!

ONCE AGAIN! THIS IS NOT EVERY ELITE/PATRON MEMBER... I just want to see your thoughts on this situation. Please don't get mad at me! D:

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
Hello,

I really needed somewhere to let this out besides global chat. Not a really appropriate place to say what I need to say.
I'm not somebody who cares about what people think of me or how I am treated. However, it's come to my attention that a lot of highly ranked players seem to be more friendly with their fellow highly ranked players than the rest of the server. (Before you freak out, hold on! Keep reading.)

This doesn't apply to EVERYBODY. But I feel alone in this situation. I always try my very best to be kind to everyone despite what rank they have! It's mainly Elite and Patron players I see ignoring what I, and some players say. Once again, this isn't everybody. I've met some really, really nice players with this rank.

I just believe, like in the real world, that some people with "more stuff" ( like money ) may believe that they are automatically superior to the rest.

If I were to have the privilege to have such a high rank, enhanced chat, etc, I wouldn't hesitate to get my words out there!!! How was your day, I hope everybody is doing well, and helping other players! I'm positive if you've got a high rank on any of these servers, you've gotta be smart on that server (ex: skyblock elite/patron most certainly know the ways of skyblock)! Spread your knowledge! It always makes me so happy when I'm able to help other players.

Am I the only one who sees this happening around me? Has anyone else been straight up ignored or given an attitude when you're just trying to be kind and have fun? Or maybe you were asking for help... I don't know. Perhaps it is just me!

ONCE AGAIN! THIS IS NOT EVERY ELITE/PATRON MEMBER... I just want to see your thoughts on this situation. Please don't get mad at me! D:
This is very very true. I think all elites are idiots with a superiority complex and nothing better to do.

acousthicc

VIP+
acousthicc
acousthicc
VIP+
Ratings
16 1
This is very very true. I think all elites are idiots with a superiority complex and nothing better to do.
You're an elite D: I hope your message wasnt sarcastic!! I don't think every elite/patron whatever are bad!! :(

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I totally agree with this! I've seen this behaviour and unfortunately, it happens on all the gamemodes from what I've observed- I've also heard similar things from my friends- talking about how certain players are only nice to players who are the same rank as them. I myself sometimes get annoyed with non-ranked players, but in general, I believe that everyone should be treated with the same amount of dignity and respect. There will always be bad eggs within every group- it's just part of the society we live in. However, it's nice that you do your best to be nice to everyone. Keep up the good work!

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
agreed, you cant remove elite rank because mvp+ will be the new elite and so on til there are no ranks. I wish the cocky elites would stop pretending like they're better than ever yone but ya know, cant do anything about them and their egos.

acousthicc

VIP+
acousthicc
acousthicc
VIP+
Ratings
16 1
agreed, you cant remove elite rank because mvp+ will be the new elite and so on til there are no ranks. I wish the cocky elites would stop pretending like they're better than ever yone but ya know, cant do anything about them and their egos.
Agreed. I just wish that this community could grow with each other, not around each other..

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
I think the word that fits is 'elitism'. I see your point, and I do agree, but it's worth remembering that few people get elite/patron quickly and hence patrons and elites will be friends with patrons and elites because they've all been on the server for a fairly long time. Whether people gatekeep on other gamemodes I don't know, but my experience of parkour is that people tend to be pretty chill about what ranks people have. I assume that this is because elite and patron mean pretty much nothing specifically to parkour, so few people actually bother.

tl;dr: yeah people are weird, but there may be reasons for it.

acousthicc

VIP+
acousthicc
acousthicc
VIP+
Ratings
16 1
I think the word that fits is 'elitism'. I see your point, and I do agree, but it's worth remembering that few people get elite/patron quickly and hence patrons and elites will be friends with patrons and elites because they've all been on the server for a fairly long time. Whether people gatekeep on other gamemodes I don't know, but my experience of parkour is that people tend to be pretty chill about what ranks people have. I assume that this is because elite and patron mean pretty much nothing specifically to parkour, so few people actually bother.

tl;dr: yeah people are weird, but there may be reasons for it.
I can totally understand that. But I happen to play on other servers as well which have amazing communities. I happen to be the highest rank on said server... and so are a lot of people (ranks only go up to $150). We don't merge off into our "royal" groups... We make the community whole with unranked players, lowly ranked and highly ranked. I've played on that server since 2014 almost daily. I know everybody and everybody basically knows me. I believe all players AND staff should be getting along and spreading kindness! That's why I made this post, because I know it's entirely possible to have a whole community. If I didn't have a rank from MineVille, I would have felt completely discouraged joining ManaCube.