Idea: A place for mappers to collaborate and share ideas.

SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
Hello!

Recently, I've been very active in mapmaking here on parkour, and I've seen some things that made me realize that it would be really helpful to have a bit more community-driven organization! Probably the first time I saw something that made me think of this was when I saw someone submit a Brandenburger Tor map when there was already one being made! they put in all of that effort to discover that someone beat them to it! I've also sometimes had map ideas that I know would take me a long time to execute on, and I would be heartbroken if someone else came along and submitted a map with the theme when I was almost done with mine!

I feel as though we should set up some sort of page or thread where we can all put down our ideas and what maps we are making to reduce this problem. I think it would be great to have a few sections so that it is very approachable to people.

I think there should be a few main sections:

-Maps currently in progress, so that people know when a theme is taken even if it is not in the map catalog

-Maps that you want to work with people on, since some projects can be a bit big for one person, and it would be nice to work with others on it. This could also allow more people to work together that don't normally work together.

-Theme ideas: Ideas you have had for a map that you are open to other people picking up on, and people could reach out and see if they would be interested in making the map together.

-Maps you REALLY want to build, but haven't gotten a chance to. have you ever had a theme that just spoke to you, and you would be crushed if anyone else came in and made it before you got a chance? This would be where those ideas went.

Obviously, the situations mentioned above don't happen very often, but when they do they can be quite upsetting! What do you guys think about this idea? should it be done, and if so, how should it be executed? I was thinking a spreadsheet that people have access to would be good, but there is probably a better option out there I haven't thought of!

-Ben
(SpiroTech)

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Love the idea of having some sort of sub-forum for mappers, just not sure if it'd really be necessary. However, mappers can get access to the unofficial mapper Discord (by Tas) where we can discuss the stuff you mentioned. But again, this is unofficial, and I do somewhat agree that it'd be cool to have it actually implemented in the forums or Community Discord. I'm curious to see what other people think about your idea :)

SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
Love the idea of having some sort of sub-forum for mappers, just not sure if it'd really be necessary. However, mappers can get access to the unofficial mapper Discord (by Tas) where we can discuss the stuff you mentioned. But again, this is unofficial, and I do somewhat agree that it'd be cool to have it actually implemented in the forums or Community Discord. I'm curious to see what other people think about your idea :)
Wait there's a mapper discord!!! I need to join that! how do I join it? (Also how do I get the mapper tag on the forums? definitely need that still.)

Samanthaa_x

Forum Expert
ELITE
Samanthaa_x
Samanthaa_x
ELITE
Ratings
231 5
Wait there's a mapper discord!!! I need to join that! how do I join it? (Also how do I get the mapper tag on the forums? definitely need that still.)
Hi Ben, just explain that you would like the mapper tag on the forums in a support ticket: https://manacube.com/support/ this way admins will properly be able to see it and will give you the role asap :)

SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings