jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I have noticed that people across the network use the word gay as an insult.

I feel like this is bad. The term gay is a sexual preference, or a feeling of happiness.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
I have noticed this. I think a long time ago, when being non heterosexual was seen an issue, people started saying it as an insult because they had nothing else to attack people with. But as time passed and society has grown to be more accepting, and it has become less of an issue.
Its still not a good thing to do though

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
I have seen it a lot not only on Manacube but in my school. People always call each other gay just to irritate them, sometimes not realizing the outcome. People also sometimes call each other heteros, and that is also a mean thing to do.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
If you use the word 'gay' as an insult, don't talk to me. That's so immature and such a childish act, grow up. If you use it in a jokingly manner and everyone else thinks so as well, I'd say it's fine since you're obviously joking. Just don't take it overboard, it's still childish.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
If you use the word 'gay' as an insult, don't talk to me. That's so immature and such a childish act, grow up. If you use it in a jokingly manner and everyone else thinks so as well, I'd say it's fine since you're obviously joking. Just don't take it overboard, it's still childish.
I agree entirely.

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
kinda hurts my feelings a little bit when someone does this. It isn't nice when people link a sexuality to a negative situation/object/etc. Personally, I don't like to associate with people that do this

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
kinda hurts my feelings a little bit when someone does this. It isn't nice when people link a sexuality to a negative situation/object/etc. Personally, I don't like to associate with people that do this
It's really messed up when people do that. It makes me wanna find them and make them pay.

Another thing I hate is when people say "that's retarded"
I have Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and It really hurts when people call people with disorders retarded, because I fall into that category of people. Thankfully, I've only been called the r word to my face once, but I'm pretty sure people shit talk behind my back a lot.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
It's really messed up when people do that. It makes me wanna find them and make them pay.

Another thing I hate is when people say "that's retarded"
I have Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and It really hurts when people call people with disorders retarded, because I fall into that category of people. Thankfully, I've only been called the r word to my face once, but I'm pretty sure people shit talk behind my back a lot.
I get it. I don't use that insult, and I have never found it offensive, but I understand how someone with a disorder might take it more offensively.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
If you use sexuality or disability as an insult, don't even bother engaging in conversation with me. That's not something people choose to be and frankly, joking about it is unbelievably cruel. If the two people or group are fine with it, sure, I'll accept that as a joke, albeit a bad one. But insulting someone with that... how idiotic and disgusting can you be? Grow up, you childish creature.