VIP+
Psychlone
Psychlone
VIP+
Ratings
Map Creator: Psychlone
Parkour Builder: Psychlone
Plot ID: 35;-135
Difficulty: Insane (Includes triple neo)
Number of Jumps: ~125

2021-12-26_01.03.36_2.png

2021-12-26_01.03.17.png

2021-12-26_01.04.08.png

Here's what the build is modeled after:
1200px-Atomic_orbitals_n123_m-eigenstates.png

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
Hey there!
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give this a -1.

The theme is fine, as there are no other builds of an electron cloud yet, though it's hard to execute a good and detailed build with that theme in mind.
The build is really bland and has a lack of details, as it's basically two giant spheres with a cylinder in the middle, only three colors and no interior design. But as I stated above, it's hard to build something based off of something that lacks details.
The parkour also lacks variety and can be really unfun and boring at places. It also doesn't suit the insane difficulty as it is too easy.

Note: I am NOT a map judge, so my opinion does not affect wether your map gets accepted or rejected.

Have a nice day! - Pris

Psychlone

VIP+
Psychlone
Psychlone
VIP+
Ratings
Hey there!
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give this a -1.

The theme is fine, as there are no other builds of an electron cloud yet, though it's hard to execute a good and detailed build with that theme in mind.
The build is really bland and has a lack of details, as it's basically two giant spheres with a cylinder in the middle, only three colors and no interior design. But as I stated above, it's hard to build something based off of something that lacks details.
The parkour also lacks variety and can be really unfun and boring at places. It also doesn't suit the insane difficulty as it is too easy.

Note: I am NOT a map judge, so my opinion does not affect wether your map gets accepted or rejected.

Have a nice day! - Pris
Thank you for the feedback! I didn't know how this theme would come across to others. As a person that studies quantum physics, when I see the hydrogen electron cloud I see the beauty in the symmetry and meaning of the shape.

<Inktest>

Forum Expert
ELITE
Inktest
Inktest
ELITE
Ratings
228 6
Thank you for the feedback! I didn't know how this theme would come across to others. As a person that studies quantum physics, when I see the hydrogen electron cloud I see the beauty in the symmetry and meaning of the shape.

I totally see your point, I like seeing the beauty in patterns and abstract yet predictable shapes. For better detail on this build, I'd recomend that you use glass, glass panes and different colored blocks for a contrasting texture y'know?
Like use solid blocks for the inside, then layers of glass with a bit of glass planes.

I'm not experienced in quantum physics, know 0 about it, but I'm rather decent at math, if there's a formula for the different clouds, you can use the //g command, from World Edit, for a more fluent and organic shape

Last edited:

Psychlone

VIP+
Psychlone
Psychlone
VIP+
Ratings
I totally see your point, I like seeing the beauty in patterns and abstract yet predictable shapes. For better detail on this build, I'd recomend that you use glass, glass panes and different colored blocks for a contrasting texture y'know?
Like use solid blocks for the inside, then layers of glass with a bit of glass planes.

I'm not experienced in quantum physics, know 0 about it, but I'm rather decent at math, if there's a formula for the different clouds, you can use the //g command for a more fluent and organic shape
I'll definitely read more into the //g command. The electron cloud shapes are defined by a very complex equation. So I'll try and see if the //g command can support all the required functions necessary.

Update: After hours of figuring out the proper equations for the clouds, I am left with a parametric equation for the surface. I've also done a lot of reading on the //g command and its expression syntax, but I can't find out if it will work with parametric equations for surfaces. I was wondering if you happen to know a bit more about what the //g command is capable of and if it can parse parametric equations?

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Psychlone,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, well done.
The build, as mentioned above, could use some more details throughout. I also recommend trying to incorporate some of the parkour inside your build.
The parkour is repetitive throughout, so make sure you use different types of jumps throughout your entire map (rather than stone.) The majority of your parkour is also floating, which makes your map messy and takes away from your build. The difficulty of your map is also inconsistent, overall feeling a bit easy for an insane.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.