49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
Hello ManaCube, Im 49ersdude. Im submitting a map, and the map is "Fox Parkour". It's a pretty simple map with a fox in the middle. So there's parkour going around it, and stuff. It has 47 jumps, 5 checkpoints, and some hard double jumps. With all of that together I think it's a medium parkour, but that's all up to you guys. I made a Minecraft fox parkour because nobody has made a Minecraft Fox parkour yet. I really hope you like it.
fox picture.png

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I don't think this is orignal, but it's still cute :)

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
Thanks I really hope it makes it.

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
This parkour was updated thanks too the testers. The rank is now easy, and there is more block varition. Also more updates will happen.
Stay safe 49ersDude.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
I feel like the build isn't very original as there are lots of minecraft mob maps already added.i would recommend making the build less like the minecraft version of the fox and more like the real version.

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
Sorry I can't make it a real version because then it's not original because in easy there's a foxPK that's like a real life fox. It's a cool parkour you should check it out.

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
Well there isn't a Minecraft Fox so it's maybe 90% original

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey 49ersDude,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although I get where you're coming from with the distinction between FoxPK (real-life fox) and your map (MC fox), ultimately, they're still similar theme and build-wise. Thus, your map is not originally themed.
  • Build: Personally, the build is not very good. It boils down to two main issues: simplicity and parkour integration. Regarding the former, the fox itself is just really basic and uncreative. Sure, it looks like the MC creature, but that really doesn't mean much when it's executed in such a simple manner. And, to make matters worse, it's quite similar to the build found on FoxPK. Regarding parkour integration, the issue is that a lot of the parkour was floating around the fox, proving to make it look very cluttered. You must address these problems if you wish for your build to be in acceptable conditions.
  • Parkour: The parkour felt a little too easy for the medium difficulty, although it was long enough. I'll get into the repetitive nature of the parkour in a second, but this is what made it feel so easy. It's just a lot of straightforward and easy jumps that made the parkour be more fitting for the easy difficulty. The checkpoint placement was also not the greatest. To be exact, the second CP (as in, the one after the one at the beginnning) felt really long, and then the 3rd was one quite short (but reasonable so) but the 4th one was way too short (being comprised of 2-3 jumps, this is the one from when you finish the soulsand bit and make it to the top of the fox). You must properly distribute your CPs so that they fit the difficulty and maintain the balance of the parkour. Lastly, your parkour was very repetitive. It was a bunch of simple block to block or ladder jumps. There just wasn't much creativity present within the parkour. Try to use a wider array of blocks/jumps so that your pk doesn't feel stale. Also, use barriers! Your PK is very exploitable.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.