Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey superfroge!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please note that my opinion doesn't affect whether or not the map gets accepted. I'm just trying to give helpful advice!
Firstly I think this level is sadly going to be REJECTED and here's why!

The theme of your map should be GREAT since I don't think there are any maps related to fishing. There are maps related to just fish tho. I might also be missing some, sorry if I'm wrong!

The build of your map is OKAY. It is accurate to the theme, and does have some details in it. However I think the fact that the sense of scale is wrong might be a problem. For example the bucket is almost bigger than the tent, and the character is bigger than the trees. I understand that this might be hard to fix since making a character build small is difficult. I feel like the fisher could have more texture and details to him and the scale could be improved.

The parkour of your map is OKAY. It has decent variation and it is slightly fun, but I feel like the parkour is TOO EASY for a Hard map. It is also a little short, which doesn't really help the fact that it's too easy. There's also some random difficulty spikes along the level, most of it is Medium difficulty, but I find the double slime quite tricky. You have also built your map in the wrong facing, since Hard maps front side is the X facing side. In your map it's the Z side. If the map gets accepted, this will affect the gameplay in that every single jump's facing is changed from X to Z and Z to X respectively.

Overall I think you should make the build better and the parkour could use some improvement.

I wish you the best of luck! :D

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello superfroge,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we currently don't have any maps with this theme, so good job on that!
The build is
accurate to what you were going for, so good job on that! However, the build itself is a bit plain, especially since the ground is flat. I'd maybe recommend, if you're going for this theme, maybe adding more land around the tree where the fisher's sitting, sort of like a hill, so that it looks more realistic.
The parkour has a little bit of variety throughout, but I think it could benefit from a bit more variety. Both the length of the course and difficulty of the jumps seem to fit the medium difficulty better. The jumps are also a bit confusing (a lot of this stems from the large amount of barriers) so try to have better indicating signs so players know where to go!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.