Enhance the Auction House experience with Bidding!

Duo

Helper | Earth
Helper
dduoo
dduoo
Helper
Ratings
110 3
I want to highlight a fantastic idea to make our already great auction house even better: the introduction of a bidding system! By incorporating bidding, we can enhance the overall experience for sellers and buyers alike.

Here's why bidding is a great addition:

With bidding, sellers have the opportunity to earn more than they expected for their items. When players actively compete and place bids, it drives up the price, potentially resulting in higher profits for sellers. It's a win-win situation that incentivizes sellers to list their items in the auction house.
Bidding also allows those who genuinely desire an item to have a fair chance at acquiring it.

Thanks for reading!

Do you believe that adding bidding would enhance our auction house?

Ratings
427 8
I never bid, because it always takes days for me to obtain the item, and I could probably win another 400 cubits from Smokey sometime in the future, and buy the item of him. Aka buying his items with his own money. Capitalism :)

excellentgamer1

VIP
excellentgamer1
excellentgamer1
VIP
Ratings
5 1
It could work but I would say it should depend on how much the auction house is used and how many people would want that.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 296
Biddings already a thing I think

Ratings
427 8
Also, if I may be allowed to add a suggestion, can you make it that so once a player has placed a bid on the item, the selling can't take the auction down. As today, I saw someone auctioning 3 pairs or Eros boots (best boots on survival), and after an hour-ish, he took them down, despite the fact players were bidding on it.

To me, this brought false hope that I would be able to snatch a pair for cheap, or even obtain them at all. Me sad now, like Shrek (sorry SHREK53, was talking about the actual Shrek).

Duo

Helper | Earth
Helper
dduoo
dduoo
Helper
Ratings
110 3
Also, if I may be allowed to add a suggestion, can you make it that so once a player has placed a bid on the item, the selling can't take the auction down. As today, I saw someone auctioning 3 pairs or Eros boots (best boots on survival), and after an hour-ish, he took them down, despite the fact players were bidding on it.

To me, this brought false hope that I would be able to snatch a pair for cheap, or even obtain them at all. Me sad now, like Shrek (sorry SHREK53, was talking about the actual Shrek).
I totally agree! If someone decides to put their item up for auction, they shouldn't be able to take it back just because someone isn't offering to pay as much as expected.

Milomillian

MVP
Milomillian
Milomillian
MVP
Ratings
4 2
I feel like this is a great idea! I believe that people bidding is a great way for getting something to sell at all, besides hoping people would buy from a specific pricing.

However, I feel like there could be arguments and anger involved in attempting to win the bid.

I also feel like the time for how long bids last might be a problem. It feels like a gut feeling, however I would think about it.

Duo

Helper | Earth
Helper
dduoo
dduoo
Helper
Ratings
110 3
Update: Bidding has been implemented on Earth! :)

RReticence

PATRON+
RReticence
RReticence
Patron+
Ratings
51 4
I want to highlight a fantastic idea to make our already great auction house even better: the introduction of a bidding system! By incorporating bidding, we can enhance the overall experience for sellers and buyers alike.

Here's why bidding is a great addition:

With bidding, sellers have the opportunity to earn more than they expected for their items. When players actively compete and place bids, it drives up the price, potentially resulting in higher profits for sellers. It's a win-win situation that incentivizes sellers to list their items in the auction house.
Bidding also allows those who genuinely desire an item to have a fair chance at acquiring it.

Thanks for reading!

Do you believe that adding bidding would enhance our auction house?
Bidding already exists