Chiiara777

MVP
Chiiara777
Chiiara777
MVP
Ratings
38 9
Hello,

this is a personal story that happened to me. I am sharing this story because I think it's worth reading and fairly fair and double standards. As the title states, the topic is "doxxing" = leaking personal information.

What happened?

On the 21th of January, I got the MVP Rang and was able to change my name which I thought was really cool and I nicknamed myself to the old name of a mutual friend of me and my best friend. The name I chose no longer belongs to that person and the account is not used anymore. I wrote "Hi I am [name] from [non existing street]. Nothing happened, nobody cared. Of course that was not the right thing to do and you should not joke about adresses even if they are not correct or the player are not known.

In my appeal it was clear that Manacube takes "doxxing" very serious and and talked about the serious impact it can have on a player. They are very serious about in, indeed.

I got banned 1 month later. Of course I got banned for breaking the rules but the reason I got reported was that someone else didn't like me spending time with his friend. I take full accountability of my action...

...because doxxing is wrong, correct?

Yes.

I remember shortly before my ban, there was a conversation between me and him (person that didn't like me). He never plays on the server anymore, he just came online to "talk" to me (this information is confirmed). He was threating me in the public chat, threatening me about my parents, threatening about my university,

wrote: names of both my parents, name of my university

threaten to contact my university and parents

and that more than once.

When he reported me to a mod, he even admitted to doxx the name of my parents. The moderator said he would get no punishment for doxxing both the names of my parents (and the name of my university, multiple threats about my private life). Doxxing was called a "defense". Yes, he came online to doxx the name of my parents, my university, threaten me multiple times in a term of "defense".

And no consequences for doxxing, meanwhile I get told, doxxing is servere and can cause harm to the victim. I am glad doxxing me is nothing serious, which results in nothing.

writing a false information of a non manacube player = permanent ban

writing correct information of an active player on manacube, including doxxing parents name, university name multiple threats = no consequences

What I did was not the right thing to do. If you are strict about doxxing, how come not all players are treaten equal?

That's the only negative thing that has ever happened to me on Manacube. I don't know how the future will look, the only thing I know for sure, the person that doxxed and threatend me multiple times, is a far better person that I am and always welcomed.
Sincerely Chiara

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,322 82
Hello, @Chiiara777

While I can completely understand your frustration with your ban appeal and rebuttal being rejected, this is not an appropriate way to go about matters. You were punished for your actions, the situation relating to Jas0n must be handled separately and confidentially. We will require further information/evidence in order to look into these claims.

I am more than happy to discuss this with you, however, it is your punishment and this cannot be discussed by staff to Zio, Jason or anyone else potentially involved, so please refrain from having them reach out to members of staff on your behalf. Ultimately, all of you involved need to keep your IRL drama off the network, there is absolutely no place for it here. Staff and players are not here to accommodate petty behaviour due to a falling out amongst friends. You will all have to be responsible and handle this off the network, or learn to co-exist.

Again, I am happy to handle this in private with you and discuss matters further relating to your punishment as well as the information you're claiming Jason has leaked, but this cannot and will not be handled in a public forum. You're welcome to contact me via Forums DMs as you have been, or my Discord is hallowqueen if that is easier for you to reach out.

I will go ahead and close this thread, as there is nothing to be gained from this being posted. I urge that you get in contact with me, or another member of staff about this incident and we will look into this for you.

Kind regards,
Hallowqueen

Status
Not open for further replies.