Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Practice Practice Practice!

The best way to improve is practice, get more and more used to parkour. Don't overdo it to a point when you burn out, but at the same time don't just muck around running around spawn for half an hour before trying 1 map just to give up on the 3rd jump. This is the single best way to improve. It trains your muscle memory and you get more and more consistent and fast and comfortable with different jumps.

Apart from that, you can also actively pursue learning. For example, there are some basic techniques that everyone should master as it makes parkour 90% easier. These, in my opinion are
-Force momentum
-Headhitter timing
-pessi hh
-Jump jam / semi hh
-Water blip
-Utilising sneak glitch
There are also some useful more advanced tecniques one should know after getting more experienced with parkour:
-c4.5 timing
-Burst hh/adv hh
-X facing bypass
-Taps

You can also try to just get one milestone jump down, for example, you might decide you want to learn a triple neo. There's no harm in setting up a triple neo and grinding it. That's how I did my first triple, it took me half an hour but the satisfaction is enormous.
Set goals to make you feel acomplished. Maybe you're aiming to get a certain jump done, or you might want to complete a certain course. Make it small steps, you won't be able to randomly do a butterfly neo. You might instead aim for a winged neo and work your way up

Why not make your own parkour? That is the best way to play something that suits your taste and suits your skill level, and you can also use it to challenge yourself and improve. I have done this myself, it works well.

Get involved in the community! There is a community of dedicated parkourers that can help you a lot. I recommen joining the parkour community discord, and ub3rs discord, 2 places where you can learn more about parkour and talk to others about it.

Learn about the different types of parkour. When asked "what types are there" you may be temped to say "fence parkour ladder parkour etc", but these aren't really considered "types". There are 4 distinct types of parkour. Onejump, Rankup, Hallway and Speedrun.
Onejumps focus on individual, complex jumps. These are often highly difficult jumps that can take anywhere from minutes to hours to beat. Theres usually a checkpoint at each jump. These course test your dedication and raw skill, pushing you above your limits. You'll often feel dejected after trying for a while, but the satisfaction is great.
Rankups are big courses with a theme that you complete to progress. Once you finish one course, you move to the next. Each course gets harder. These courses have 0 checkpoints and are a mix of failsafe and life-or-death sections. Rankups require consistency, forcing to use consistent strategies to minimise luck. These are quite rage inducing, especially when you fail a transition, and you'll find that your heartbeat is going to be wildly high, but there is enormous satisfaction and joy that comes from the completion of a rankup.
Hallways are in between rankup and onejump. Often found in japanese servers, they consist of a long hallway with checkpoints separating the hallway into sections. Each section has a small amount of challenging jumps. You'll have to be able to complete them consistently in order to progress. You'll find that you have to put in some serious effort to progress sometimes but it's satisfying getting a checkpoint, and overall a good feeling after completing the entire course.
Speedrun parkour is self explanitory. Beat a course as fast as possible, utilising different exploits and skips to minimise your time. By far the most rage inducing and tests your consistency and focus. Most popular among the casual parkourer.

Knowledge and skill comes hand in hand. It's useful to learn some theory on parkour, as it will help you recognise different jumps and what strategies to use on them. Essential things to learn are:
-X and Z facing
-Ticks
-Use of coords
-Tiers
-Different block sizes
-squeeze coords
-Version differences
Besides, this, it is also good to get familliar with parkour lingo so that it's easy to communicate without writing lengthy names for jumps. For example, instead of saying 3 blocks 1 block up 2 block to the side and you get 1 block to run up, you can just say 1bm 3x2+1. Heres a page to help. https://www.mcpk.wiki/wiki/Parkour_Nomenclature
Now, it's important to use reliable sources, as parkour is very obscure, so there is a lot of misinformation about parkour out there. I'ts important you get your info preferrably from a parkourer, as many less knowledgeable players may get a few things wrong and as a result implant bad habits.

If you want to improve at parkour, manacube isn't the only server out there. This sever isn't bad, it's just very much appeaing to casuals. If you want to get into serious parkour, I recommend some of the following servers
-Linkcraft
-Omega Parkour
-Neoterica
-Ibis Network
-Chelcy Network Athletic
-Timolia Jumpworld
-Parkour Universe

Take some time to digest this information lmao, I hope this helps, and remember the most important thing.

Y O U M U S T D I S L I K E D R E A M

Use this, and before you know it, you'll be like this guy

Last edited: