Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
Hi this is gonna be pretty quirky.

So I was talking with @InfinityxKatrina and we were just being girls and I asked her to brush my hair. I told her to brush my hair from the bottom up because its healthier to keep the amount of knots from tearing your hair but she was completely bamboozled. So I really have to know if I am the weird one brushing my hair from the bottom up.

Meaning like, do you brush your hair from the roots to your ends or ends to your roots??

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I never brush my hair.

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
The boys are not getting it, when I "brush" my hair with my fingers throughout the day I do not start at the roots! I start at my ends, ughhhhhhhhhhh

@Texans45 no it does not!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Ok I get what you're saying ranged and I'm right in the middle because it depends. If I know there are knots in my hair, i'll hold my hair by where it meets my head (like a ponytail) and brush it out with small strokes to work out the knots better, without ripping a bunch of hair out of my scalp. If I don't have a lot of major knots in my hair I will brush my hair head to ends like normal.

My hair is really thick so it gets knotted super easily, so I learned to brush my hair like that because it's wavy and tangles itself!

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I chopped off like half of my hair, so it only comes down to my shoulders. Not much of a reason to brush bottom to top when you have no hair xD

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Gonna ask my girlfriend I'll get back to you.
It depends apparently. Kristina how have you never heard of this? Rangie I'm with you all the way. To get knots out it makes sense tbh. For guys it'd be top to bottom though

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
My hair is really thick so it gets knotted super easily, so I learned to brush my hair like that because it's wavy and tangles itself!
lol same. My hair is also golden and goes to my shoulders

Savvo

ELITE
Savvo
Savvo
ELITE
Ratings
Well.. This really all depends on if you mean back combing from the roots up, or if you mean from the roots down then a little higher to down again. I usually start from the top though, because I have a nice brush that won’t rip if I go through too many knots. However that’s actually how you’re supposed to do it if it’s really knotted. (Yes I am aware that I’m a hair nerd, I’m aspiring to be a cosmetologist.) lol

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
What people don’t realize here is that ripping your hair from the roots is extremely bad for it. It’s much healthier to work from the bottom and slowly go through the knots. It’s also much less painful. For the confused people, you grab a part of your hair a few inches from the bottom, start brushing, and keep moving up. The point of this is that it’s much healthier for your hair and won’t damage it in the long run. And it takes the same amount of time as brushing normally if you do it right.