[OG] Nick

MVP+
ickysix
ickysix
MVP+
Ratings
118 1
Hello everyone!

As many of you may know my current line of work is for the US Military. Throughout my time of service in the military, I have been afforded the opportunity to have a rather normal 9-5 work schedule until recently. I am currently serving time overseas and am really struggling to find a balance between work and ManaCube. Many of you may have noticed my recent absence in-game and I apologize for it being so abrupt and without reason, that is one of the reasons I have decided to make this post. I kind of want to take a nostalgic look back at my time here on ManaCube/Minevast. I remember when I first joined MineVast back in April of 2015. I was searching for a new server to join since the only thing I ever played was Capture the Flag. So I spent several hours searching through servers on a website and stumbled across a fairly large server that had roughly 400 active players. I took my chances, copied the IP, and well the rest..its history. I started my MineVast experience with Parkour. Back when I first joined discord wasn't a thing, we had Skype. Much like many of you spend in private calls on discord we would do this on Skype. I'll never forget being in a call with some of the OG players from back in the day(iykyk) Shelbi, Tessa, Jayci, Koda, Alexx, Michael, George, Box, Emma, Ham and so many more. We would be up all night and have some calls that lasted well over 2 days. I know this might sound crazy but this server truly provided me friends. IRL I haven't always been an extrovert. I struggled a lot with self-confidence along with many other things and MineVast allowed me to be myself with people and that was something I hadn't experienced and for that, I'm forever thankful. If we jump ahead after about a year of playing on the server I really developed a great relationship with one player in particular on the server. We spoke every day all day on and off of the server and without MineVast I wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to ever speak with her. Fortunately, we are still extremely close friends and have had the opportunity to meet in person several times. I know there are a lot of people who play on this server who have a great relationship with another player and think that it is completely ludicrous to ever even think about meeting them in person and I am here to tell you that you are wrong! I'll attach a photo below of me and this person whom I met playing on this server so many of you enjoy every single day. Jump forward to 2017, MineVast disappears from the face of the planet and is rebranded as ManaCube. I must say I was quite skeptical about it since things had seemed to be quite different from when it was MineVast. I felt that the community was very different from what it had been which led to me leaving the server for quite a bit of time. I started coming back on the server regularly this year and I must say I am so glad that I did. The community never changed, it has been the same way I just was reluctant to realize that. The staff team and every single player that comes on day in and day out have truly had an impact on me. You've allowed me to have a platform that no matter how I'm feeling I know that I will be welcomed with open arms and embraced and for that I cannot say thank you enough to each and every single member of the entire ManaCube network. During this time of absence, I will be exploring Japan and many other Asian countries and I most definitely will still be on the forums and the discord with the rare occasion in-game( you haven't gotten rid of me quite yet!!!) Throughout my journey here overseas I will share images and stories of my experiences for you all to read and enjoy. Again I love EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU and thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to a part of the community and the history of the ManaCube Network <3
B228BD46-39A0-4DEC-BD7B-1DD3533C4F09.jpeg

Last edited:

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Hello everyone!

As many of you may know my current line of work is for the US Military. Throughout my time of service in the military, I have been afforded the opportunity to have a rather normal 9-5 work schedule until recently. I am currently serving time overseas and am really struggling to find a balance between work and ManaCube. Many of you may have noticed my recent absence in-game and I apologize for it being so abrupt and without reason, that is one of the reasons I have decided to make this post. I kind of want to take a nostalgic look back at my time here on ManaCube/Minevast. I remember when I first joined MineVast back in April of 2015. I was searching for a new server to join since the only thing I ever played was Capture the Flag. So I spent several hours searching through servers on a website and stumbled across a fairly large server that had roughly 400 active players. I took my chances, copied the IP, and well the rest..its history. I started my MineVast experience with Parkour. Back when I first joined discord wasn't a thing, we had Skype. Much like many of you spend in private calls on discord we would do this on Skype. I'll never forget being in a call with some of the OG players from back in the day(iykyk) Shelbi, Tessa, Jayci, Koda, Alexx, Michael, George, Box, Emma, Ham and so many more. We would be up all night and have some calls that lasted well over 2 days. I know this might sound crazy but this server truly provided me friends. IRL I haven't always been an extrovert. I struggled a lot with self-confidence along with many other things and MineVast allowed me to be myself with people and that was something I hadn't experienced and for that, I'm forever thankful. If we jump ahead after about a year of playing on the server I really developed a great relationship with one player in particular on the server. We spoke every day all day on and off of the server and without MineVast I wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to ever speak with her. Fortunately, we are still extremely close friends and have had the opportunity to meet in person several times. I know there are a lot of people who play on this server who have a great relationship with another player and think that it is completely ludicrous to ever even think about meeting them in person and I am here to tell you that you are wrong! I'll attach a photo below of me and this person whom I met playing on this server so many of you enjoy every single day. Jump forward to 2017, MineVast disappears from the face of the planet and is rebranded as ManaCube. I must say I was quite skeptical about it since things had seemed to be quite different from when it was MineVast. I felt that the community was very different from what it had been which led to me leaving the server for quite a bit of time. I started coming back on the server regularly this year and I must say I am so glad that I did. The community never changed, it has been the same way I just was reluctant to realize that. The staff team and every single player that comes on day in and day out have truly had an impact on me. You've allowed me to have a platform that no matter how I'm feeling I know that I will be welcomed with open arms and embraced and for that I cannot say thank you enough to each and every single member of the entire ManaCube network. During this time of absence, I will be exploring Japan and many other Asian countries and I most definitely will still be on the forums and the discord with the rare occasion in-game( you haven't gotten rid of me quite yet!!!) Throughout my journey here overseas I will share images and stories of my experiences for you all to read and enjoy. Again I love EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU and thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to a part of the community and the history of the ManaCube Network <3 View attachment 18947
Hi there Nick,

I just want to thank you for making this community such a better place. Although I haven't spent much time on parkour, I can tell that you have made such a large impact just by looking at how people respect you, laugh with you, and overall have an amazing time. IRL stuff should always come before Minecraft, and although it is hard to see you go (not completely ;) ) I know you'll be having the time of your life in Japan. I haven't been playing nearly as long as you have, but I feel the same about Manacube. I look forward to seeing you on all of the platforms, and for you to one day come back and play on the network like you did before. I wish you the BEST of luck with everything you do, and enjoy your time away. We'll miss you!

Best,
Tristan (Wings)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Nickkkk. My ex husband.
I wish you all the best in your endeavours, and I salute you for what you do for our country.
You are so friendly and nice, and when you wanna come visit, we'd love to see you. <3

Jade

Dedicated Member
MVP+
_SirJade_
_SirJade_
MVP+
Ratings
44 3
So dose this mean he is retired

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey Nick, this is the first time that I’m actually seeing you because I’m new to Manacube best of luck anyways and I hope to see you again here on the forums.
- TheProTroller

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Hi Nick,
Wish you the best of luck with your military service. Has been an enjoyable time talking with you on the forums. Look forward to when you come back!