Rejected Xbox/ Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hello I'm yoyoyo234 i made a map in the theme of an xbox it has ladder jumps a headhitter and some other jumps. it has 9 checkpoints from start to finish. i spent most of a day working on this so i really hope its good enough. its at yoyoyo234 2nd plot in parkour. at the moment its difficulty is resulting at hard but if i may need to change it let me know in your response and ill be fine to change it to whatever difficulty. I built this map myself, i used a few tutorials for a few things but the parkour and most of the other stuff i made myself
80;4 is the map ID

Attachments

Last edited:

YTSquid

Ratings
9 1
You look like a good builder, best of luck!

YTSquid

Ratings
9 1
No prob dude (if you could teach me someday create a conversation with me on the forums XD XD XD)

YTSquid

Ratings
9 1
I'll consider it, but i'g going to have to go right now ill see you in game or on the forums soon! :)

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
The theme isn't super original, as we already have a few game console maps (GameBoy and NintendoSwitch off the top of my head), but it's not horrible.

The build isn't the greatest, mainly because it's very blocky and the color scheme doesn't look all that nice. It's almost like just an extended pixel art, especially with the pixel art XBOX logo on the top.

The parkour isn't very fun, and it's also highly repetitive with the exact same jumps over and over in multiple spots throughout the map. Try spicing it up with soul sand, ice, trapdoors, doors, fences, etc.

I also found a pretty big skip here:
2019-11-30_08.08.13.png

You can jump directly from the wool to the platform, skipping 12 jumps (the ladder tower/slime).

Overall, I'd give this map a -0.5. Best of luck, though!

Keep in mind, I am not an official map judge; take my review as that of a normal member of the community <3

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello yoyoyo234,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is somewhat unoriginal, as we already have a few maps relating to gaming consoles (NintendoSwitch, GameBoy.)
The build is decent, although as mentioned above, it could be better with a better color scheme. I also recommend using different varieties of blocks other than wool.
The parkour is quite repetitive, with the use of ladder jumps. I recommend incorporating different jump styles throughout the entire map. You can look at recently accepted maps for some examples of these! The difficulty isn't consistent; it's hard in certain places and easier in others. The length is good for a hard map, so good job on that!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.