Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Just saying, auto mine is xray without the person behind the screen doing anything.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Then what's the difference of afking an ig farm? You're achieving stuff without being on, and a lot more than cobble mining. So why shouldn't minimally prosperous afk mining be allowed?
Because its allowed by the rules and bar ./baltop it doesn't affect /jobs and stuff like that. Also it is an extremely trivial matter. We've had a senior mod tell you it won't be changed! so the fact is it's against the rules, end of discussion.

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
the fact is its against the rules, end of discussion.
Not end of discussion. This is the discussion on WHY it is not allowed. If you had read the earlier posts on this thread you'd see that this is what we're talking about.
And for the jobs part, that has been discussed previously as well and can be moderated with additional parameters.

As has been stated with supportive evidence, there is more benefit to ask mining than there is without it.

EEEEEE

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Not end of discussion. This is the discussion on WHY it is not allowed. If you had read the earlier posts on this thread you'd see that this is what we're talking about.
And for the jobs part, that has been discussed previously as well and can be moderated with additional parameters.

As has been stated with supportive evidence, there is more benefit to ask mining than there is without it.

EEEEEE
Although I see your point, as a member of staff has told you (a SrMod, nonetheless) the rule isn't going to be changed anytime soon. argue about it further? You've made a suggestion, you've made your point, and so I don't feel like there is any need to continue this.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69

EEEEEE
I don't understand the benefit of afk mining like it's not that big of a thing to do anyway on Skyblock?

Ratings
@NateD1215 I've only played on this server a short while and whilst I agree there are significant perks to being a donor it is not required to play and be a pillar of the community be it Aztec Survival or Parkour. I can see you've been having a significant debate with Wings, however I was wondering why you required so much cobblestone and if you do or rather stone I am happy to help you either mine it or purchase it for you as I am a part-time player on Aztec!!
I might add in to this that having an argument on Minecraft forums of all things really is a futile use of your time guys either use it to play or don't play but being inherently negative to each other (not suggesting anyone is at fault whatsoever) is just not a fun time for anyone!
First of all, cobblestone is the best block in the game.

Second of all, like mining, cobblestone is and has always been the cornerstone of all skyblock (Even public minecraft skyblock servers like manacube (Wow)).

Lastly, I am in the process of making a cactus farm (as some unnamed mod(s) may have seen (I found a few signs and a rather altered landscape on my island :/ ?)) so most of the cobble gets deleted by the cactus.

Also, everything I said to Wings applies to you too.
Be kewl, mine cobble. There's a fine line between being funny and being a meanie. :(

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Then what's the difference of afking an ig farm? You're achieving stuff without being on, and a lot more than cobble mining. So why shouldn't minimally prosperous afk mining be allowed?
AFKING an Irongolem farm is purely your logged in "presence" and you are being purely present not doing any action (macros such as /skyblock and /survival when you have a rank allowed but you are still not allowed to perform actions. As to why Iron Golems are the best farm on this server! Also I disagree job rewards are more of a achievement such "hell yeah I'm level 50 miner" In comparison to grinding an iron golem farm which is for profit and reinvestment as you earn actually money. Whereas for job rewards it's so minimal it barely matters.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
First of all, cobblestone is the best block in the game.

Second of all, like mining, cobblestone is and has always been the cornerstone of all skyblock (Even public minecraft skyblock servers like manacube (Wow)).

Lastly, I am in the process of making a cactus farm (as some unnamed mod(s) may have seen (I found a few signs and a rather altered landscape on my island :/ ?)) so most of the cobble gets deleted by the cactus.

Also, everything I said to Wings applies to you too.
Be kewl, mine cobble. There's a fine line between being funny and being a meanie. :(
I agree it is the cornerstone of sky block but back when very few people ran macros of any sorts anywhere mining cobble was purely part of the grind and as someone whose job it was to grind cobble on skyblock back in the day I can tell you it was a sort've competition for who had the most blocks mined or highest job level and its the competition element that has meant that /jobs is on so many servers on Minecraft not the often minimal rewards connected to them such as xp or money.

When you talk about signs do you mean ones which are disallowed by the server because they speed certain things up?
Also the offer remains I am only a part time player on Skyblock but if you need cobblestone shoot me a pm either here or on discord and I'll happily buy you dubs worth of cobblestone.

- Raptor

Ratings
I agree it is the cornerstone of sky block but back when very few people ran macros of any sorts anywhere mining cobble was purely part of the grind and as someone whose job it was to grind cobble on skyblock back in the day I can tell you it was a sort've competition for who had the most blocks mined or highest job level and its the competition element that has meant that /jobs is on so many servers on Minecraft not the often minimal rewards connected to them such as xp or money.

When you talk about signs do you mean ones which are disallowed by the server because they speed certain things up?
Also the offer remains I am only a part time player on Skyblock but if you need cobblestone shoot me a pm either here or on discord and I'll happily buy you dubs worth of cobblestone.

- Raptor
While I was banned, (go figure) a mod touched up my island and got rid of things they thought where violations and put a sign there to tell me why they got rid of it (What they got rid of were actually my high-tech lag-free water redstone bits). That is what I meant by signs and altered landscape... on my island... I've got work to do. (thanks mods)

Something which you would probably understand as being reasonable about this AFK mining is that (as you definately know thanks to your proficiency in reading everything) it is DEFAULT to minecraft. What I mean by this is that in EVERYONE'S copy of the game, there is an escape menu, and in that escape menu there is a control menu (yes, this is still in every copy of minecraft), and in that control menu you can bind any key to attack. Anyone, any minecraft copy, anytime. The reason for all this emphasis is that I have mentioned this countless times (probably three times) as you may know.

My point in all this? Everyone can do it, and if everyone can, it is... (are you ready) fair.

Easy, simple, not hard to comprehend, and yes... fair. Wow!

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
While I was banned, (go figure) a mod touched up my island and got rid of things they thought where violations and put a sign there to tell me why they got rid of it (What they got rid of were actually my high-tech lag-free water redstone bits). That is what I meant by signs and altered landscape... on my island... I've got work to do. (thanks mods)

Something which you would probably understand as being reasonable about this AFK mining is that (as you definately know thanks to your proficiency in reading everything) it is DEFAULT to minecraft. What I mean by this is that in EVERYONE'S copy of the game, there is an escape menu, and in that escape menu there is a control menu (yes, this is still in every copy of minecraft), and in that control menu you can bind any key to attack. Anyone, any minecraft copy, anytime. The reason for all this emphasis is that I have mentioned this countless times (probably three times) as you may know.

My point in all this? Everyone can do it, and if everyone can, it is... (are you ready) fair.

Easy, simple, not hard to comprehend, and yes... fair. Wow!
You've repeated this point multiple times. We understand your position. But things aren't changing any time soon. This comes from the STAFF. We don't run the server; in the end, we don't get to decide. I don't feel there is a need to continue to repeat yourself with these views. We've heard you, and I respect that opinion.