Which is worse/better, Interior or terrain?

Ratings
This is a question I've been wondering for a while and I wanted to see what other people have to say about it. Do you hate Terrain ((The start of your build)) or Interior ((preferably the end of your build.))

Personally I don't mind either although I use to want to jump into a pit of eels while drinking a bucket of ketchup though my ears once I to start think about what the heck I was going to do about interior, but once I got started I kinda just got over it aside from the random sighs I might have.

Better Or Worse

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
This is a question I've been wondering for a while and I wanted to see what other people have to say about it. Do you hate Terrain ((The start of your build)) or Interior ((preferably the end of your build.))

Personally I don't mind either although I use to want to jump into a pit of eels while drinking a bucket of ketchup though my ears once I to start think about what the heck I was going to do about interior, but once I got started I kinda just got over it aside from the random sighs I might have.

Better Or Worse
I really really like doing terrain, and I don't know why! I find it really interesting all of the variation that you can do with how you want the landscape around your build to look, etc.

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
For me interior designing is the worst out of the two. I love doing terrain and attempting(but honestly failing) to build things. Interior is one of those things that i cant comprehend/actually do :)

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Well I’m awful at building in general but whenever I attempt I definitely enjoy terrain a whole lot more than interior

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I love terraforming personally.

I’m horrible with World-Edit (bad at building too tbh), so I really enjoy hand-placing my terrain. I can do very, very basic world-edit, so often use that here and there, but most of the time especially for larger projects, I’ll just hand place them.

As much as I love the look of interior - I’m horrible at doing it; I’ll stick with looking at/judging plots for the time being. xD

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
my terrain always looks like an ice sculpture, I think interior design is really fun because you can use blocks in ways that normally wouldn't be useful

so terrain is worse

Ossipago1

Ratings
I were bad at terrain before i learned something terrain command. And now, i were really enjoying making terrain and pretty good on them!
I have almost never doing interior so much, ive doing long ago, while i suck at building. But it would fun for me if i try make more interiors and improving my skills.

I guess I will go both. (because building is fun for me <3).

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
For me, I’m just a bad builder, terrain and interior look bad and they both suck. If I had to pick a favorite, I love interior, I love furnishing houses and stuff like that ahaha

IRiceI

MVP+
IRiceI
IRiceI
MVP+
Ratings
both are great, when it comes to interior its good to just go with the theme of the build. And with terrain if you really don't like doing it you can just put in 3 mins and just make it with commands. But I'd say a lot of doing terrain is just commands and smoothing, its also Great to have a reference picture of a piece of land/terrain!

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90

Better Or Worse
Definitely interior is the worst

Dnho

Ratings
38 2
I know people have already replied to this so I'm not really helping you, but grade-wise it really depends on the ratio of structure to land. If you have a lot of building, it's better to have interior, but if you have a lot of land and not much building, you'd be much better off detailing the nature.