Regarding Mcmmo...

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
Would an informed staff member kindly provide the community with details regarding the limitations of sustained mcmmo xp gain and the cool down associated with it.

Contrary to previous versions of mcmmo (or perhaps this is an intended feature configured by Dakota himself), there is a significant nerf on earning xp. Assuming it is based off an unspecified time period, after a short duration of grinding xp, the rate at which you earn mcmmo xp decreases exponentially, and for me, at levels up to 1200, I am able to only level up 3-4 times before the base xp gain declines to a rate too little to efficiently grind at. This is then followed by an unspecified cool down period which then refreshes the xp earning rate back to normal.

This was not a feature in previous seasons, nor have I ever seen it in a server elsewhere.

As I have observed from simply just being online, this is currently not a well-recognised issue in the skyblock community, though I'm sure, as the season progresses, more and more questions regarding this will emerge.

With a cash prize for the highest mcmmo power level at the end of this season, I believe players deserve to know details such as this, which would quite significantly impact their ability to compete for the prize.

I would appreciate any staff member who inhibits the necessary information to sufficiently provide the community, along with myself the specific details regarding the changes in mcmmo xp earning, specifically the exponential decline of earning xp and the cool down after which the rate returns to normal.

Last edited:

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings on the forums. If you want this to return to normal, I’d suggest making a support ticket here or making a suggestion here.
Well they aren't really asking for a change / trying to report a glitch, rather just trying to get the specific details of the change.

Chris (づ˘ ³˘)づ

Forum Expert
ELITE
luela
luela
ELITE
Ratings
186 2
Well they aren't really asking for a change / trying to report a glitch, rather just trying to get the specific details of the change.
Oh sorry, I read it as he wanted it changed back to Season 7 McMMO.

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
Oh sorry, I read it as he wanted it changed back to Season 7 McMMO.
I suggest actually reading the thread.
I did not even slightly hint towards the need for a change.

Let me express my feelings in the nicest way possible; stop mini-modding, there's more to it than just a sympathetic tone and a sense of concern.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
I doubt moderators would have the necessary knowledge to conclusively and effectively respond to this, so would an admin or above kindly provide us with details regarding the limitations of sustained xp gain and the cool down associated with it.

Contrary to previous versions of mcmmo (or perhaps this is an intended feature configured by Dakota himself), there is a significant nerf on earning xp. Assuming it is based off an unspecified time period, after a short duration of grinding xp, the rate at which you earn mcmmo xp decreases exponentially, and for me, at levels up to 1200, I am able to only level up 3-4 times before the base xp gain declines to a rate too little to efficiently grind at. This is then followed by an unspecified cool down period which then refreshes the xp earning rate back to normal.

This was not a feature in previous seasons, nor have I ever seen it in a server elsewhere.

As I have observed from simply just being online, this is currently not a well-recognised issue in the skyblock community, though I'm sure, as the season progresses, more and more questions regarding this will emerge.

With a cash prize for the highest mcmmo power level at the end of this season, I believe players deserve to know details such as this, which would quite significantly impact their ability to compete for the prize.

I would appreciate any staff member who inhibits the necessary information to sufficiently provide the community, along with myself the specific details regarding the changes in mcmmo xp earning, specifically the exponential decline of earning xp and the cool down after which the rate returns to normal.
Firstly, I do not like nor agree with the way this seems to discriminate staff members for no reason. Mods have every ability to respond to this as other players and admins do, and the mods whomst have seen and reported this would likely be offended or slightly annoyed that you think mods are so incompetent as to not be able to help with a situation like this.

Secondly, McMMO grinding has been lowered on the ability to grind one skill at a time for a reason. You can grind multiple skills and it'll switch between those skills on the resetting, so you can grind fairly efficiently. This was an intended addition as with the MCTOP prize, it can't nor shouldn't be so easy as to create an auto acrobatics farm and then just win money. It's intended as to avoid afk farming for simple things like acrobatics.

If you do not like this addition, well, I apologize but I doubt much will be done to change it. It helps to stop afkers from using the grinding to their advantage, and it helps to keep things fair. You can try to suggest otherwise, but I doubt it will get very far.

P.s. cut the mods some slack, they do this for no money and no thanks, just because they want to. They are not omniscient and deserve a little credit for even keeping the server as calm as it is.

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
Firstly, I do not like nor agree with the way this seems to discriminate staff members for no reason. Mods have every ability to respond to this as other players and admins do, and the mods whomst have seen and reported this would likely be offended or slightly annoyed that you think mods are so incompetent as to not be able to help with a situation like this.

Secondly, McMMO grinding has been lowered on the ability to grind one skill at a time for a reason. You can grind multiple skills and it'll switch between those skills on the resetting, so you can grind fairly efficiently. This was an intended addition as with the MCTOP prize, it can't nor shouldn't be so easy as to create an auto acrobatics farm and then just win money. It's intended as to avoid afk farming for simple things like acrobatics.

If you do not like this addition, well, I apologize but I doubt much will be done to change it. It helps to stop afkers from using the grinding to their advantage, and it helps to keep things fair. You can try to suggest otherwise, but I doubt it will get very far.

P.s. cut the mods some slack, they do this for no money and no thanks, just because they want to. They are not omniscient and deserve a little credit for even keeping the server as calm as it is.
I had no intent on disrespecting moderators in any way, though I now realise how that was quite eminent. Post has been edited, thank you for pointing that out.

I'm aware of the implications and triggers of the addition, however I want the specifics regarding the rate of xp gain deficit and cooldown to be outlined for those who wish to grind efficiently without cheating.

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
Hi, thanks for asking questions. I love it when the community helps each other in threads like these.

We can not give you the exact specifics to my knowledge, however, the point of the XP gain decline is to prevent efficient AFK farming. Last season, we, unfortunately, had a large number of people afking acrobatics farm and so on. With the decline that there is right now, doing so is no longer efficient and there is no longer a point in doing so.

If you want to grind mcmmo efficiently, you should switch between the skills that you are training. The XP decline reset every time you change a skill. So if you were to grind acrobatics for a few minutes or so and start noticing the decline, switch to herbalism or something to reset it. This is the best way to grind mcmmo in its current state.

We also have a site called "Feature Upvote", you may make suggestions there and this can be added there. You can make a suggestion there by following this link https://suggestions.manacube.com/ . While you are there, you can also check out other people's suggestions and upvote them if you agree!

Have a good day/night.

Chris (づ˘ ³˘)づ

Forum Expert
ELITE
luela
luela
ELITE
Ratings
186 2
I suggest actually reading the thread.
I did not even slightly hint towards the need for a change.

Let me express my feelings in the nicest way possible; stop mini-modding, there's more to it than just a sympathetic tone and a sense of concern.
That was a little rude nonetheless. I made a mistake and I admitted that I did. I’m quite sorry if I somehow offended you? But as I said, the best way to make a change would be to make a suggestion of forums.

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
Hi, thanks for asking questions. I love it when the community helps each other in threads like these.

We can not give you the exact specifics to my knowledge, however, the point of the XP gain decline is to prevent efficient AFK farming. Last season, we, unfortunately, had a large number of people afking acrobatics farm and so on. With the decline that there is right now, doing so is no longer efficient and there is no longer a point in doing so.

If you want to grind mcmmo efficiently, you should switch between the skills that you are training. The XP decline reset every time you change a skill. So if you were to grind acrobatics for a few minutes or so and start noticing the decline, switch to herbalism or something to reset it. This is the best way to grind mcmmo in its current state.

We also have a site called "Feature Upvote", you may make suggestions there and this can be added there. You can make a suggestion there by following this link https://suggestions.manacube.com/ . While you are there, you can also check out other people's suggestions and upvote them if you agree!

Have a good day/night.
Exactly what I have been doing, alternating between the different skills during their cooldowns is currently the most optimal method of grinding. Would recommend this to all.

Understandable how you may not be able to give the specifics, though I do believe staff should attempt to encourage the higher-ups to release the details. In my opinion it would increase the competition of /mctop and would grant every player the opportunity to maximise their chances at winning the prize.

This feature should not be changed or removed, as eliminating the possibility of cheating should always remain an up-most priority for something with a prize pool such as mcmmo, however the details would certainly be helpful for all players wishing to grind.

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
That was a little rude nonetheless. I made a mistake and I admitted that I did. I’m quite sorry if I somehow offended you? But as I said, the best way to make a change would be to make a suggestion of forums.
Apologies.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
though I do believe staff should attempt to encourage the higher-ups to release the details.
That's not necessarily something the admins can do. Or if they can, they are not allowed to. The mystery is to help avoid alternating afking gaining farm methods. People can set up and auto acrobatics farm and when they see the anti afk methods declining after a certain amount of time, they can set up a task that automatically builds another task and alternates between them. A bit of work but nothing the playerbase wouldn't do.

And also, admins have limitations as well. Dacon has the final say so in everything, and if he says not to do something or say something, the admins are forbidden from doing or saying it. Therefore if there is some reason for Dacon to want this method to be somewhat hushed, he can have it hushed.

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
That's not necessarily something the admins can do. Or if they can, they are not allowed to. The mystery is to help avoid alternating afking gaining farm methods. People can set up and auto acrobatics farm and when they see the anti afk methods declining after a certain amount of time, they can set up a task that automatically builds another task and alternates between them. A bit of work but nothing the playerbase wouldn't do.

And also, admins have limitations as well. Dacon has the final say so in everything, and if he says not to do something or say something, the admins are forbidden from doing or saying it. Therefore if there is some reason for Dacon to want this method to be somewhat hushed, he can have it hushed.
Your gratuitous bias against a plea to assist and benefit players is unnecessary, I don't see why you would respond this way. Perhaps you wish a position on the staff team and wish to display yourself doing what you consider to be staff material? Or maybe you just do not have an interest in competing for the prize and intend on ruining the chance for others to compete with the most profitable methods.

There are loopholes to quite literally everything. If a person wanted to, they'd be able to learn how to script in under an hour and set up a fully automated system that alternates between different skills at any time they desire. Specific details are certainly not required to automate such farms, I don't see your point.

You're protecting people who weren't attacked by making excuses that didn't come from them. Let the moderators and admins do the explaining. No one is forcing anyone to do anything.
I would just like a definitive response from an authoritative figure themselves, justifying why or why not the details can/cannot be publicly shared. What I was able to gather from Roza's feedback is that this topic most likely had not been discussed prior to its implementation, and hence, the possibility of the details actually being released is unknown. Therefore, with actual thought put into it, a final verdict could be made from Dacon or one of his trusted representatives.

Last edited:

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Your gratuitous bias against a plea to assist and benefit players is unnecessary, I don't see why you would respond this way. Perhaps you wish a position on the staff team and wish to display yourself doing what you consider to be staff material? Or maybe you just do not have an interest in competing for the prize and intend on ruining the chance for others to compete at the most profitable

There are loopholes to quite literally everything. If a person wanted to, they'd be able to learn how to script in under an hour and set up a fully automated system that alternates between different skills at any time they desire. Specific details are certainly not required to automate such farms, I don't see your point.

You're protecting people who weren't attacked by making excuses that didn't come from them. Let the moderators and admins do the explaining. No one is forcing anyone to do anything.
I would just like a definitive response from an authoritative figure themselves, justifying why or why not the details can/cannot be publicly shared. What I was able to gather from Roza's feedback is that this topic most likely had not been discussed prior to its implementation, and hence, the possibility of the details actually being released is unknown. Therefore, with actual thought put into it, a final verdict could be made from Dacon or one of his trusted representatives.
whether or not I want staff has nothing to do with the possibilities. I never said it is 100% true, but it is a likely possibility. And even then, the admins might not know/might not be able to figure it out. You antagonize what I said on the idea that I meant it to be the full outcome and honestly, there's no reason for that. I am suggesting, not everything can be shared with the community. Its easy to set up macros that alternate between tasks but much harder when you don't know exactly where to stop.

The moral of the story is do not afk farm. If you can't spend enough time to sit in front of a screen and click or press buttons, you shouldn't bother in the first place. Just come back to it.

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
whether or not I want staff has nothing to do with the possibilities. I never said it is 100% true, but it is a likely possibility. And even then, the admins might not know/might not be able to figure it out. You antagonize what I said on the idea that I meant it to be the full outcome and honestly, there's no reason for that. I am suggesting, not everything can be shared with the community. Its easy to set up macros that alternate between tasks but much harder when you don't know exactly where to stop.

The moral of the story is do not afk farm. If you can't spend enough time to sit in front of a screen and click or press buttons, you shouldn't bother in the first place. Just come back to it.
Moral of the story is do not afk farm? And why are you now attempting to defend macros? lmao

Think you might've lost your train of thought, if you even had one to begin with.

I suggest you stop replying. You're ruining the possibility of staff actually taking this thread seriously.

Last edited:

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Moral of the story is do not afk farm? And why are you now attempting to defend macros? lmao

Think you might've lost your train of thought, if you even had one to begin with.

I suggest you stop replying. You're ruining the possibility of staff actually taking this thread seriously.
Where did I defend macros exactly? the moral of the story is that by afk farming, you are ruining other player's experiences by the staff having to add anti-afk farms like the McMMO limitations.

There is no reason for you to behave with hostility. I am not trying to impede on anything, and staff will take the thread seriously regardless of who is responding or how it is responded to. What I say has nothing to do with how seriously the staff team regards this.

oZesty

MVP+
Ratings
Where did I defend macros exactly? the moral of the story is that by afk farming, you are ruining other player's experiences by the staff having to add anti-afk farms like the McMMO limitations.

There is no reason for you to behave with hostility. I am not trying to impede on anything, and staff will take the thread seriously regardless of who is responding or how it is responded to. What I say has nothing to do with how seriously the staff team regards this.
You're quite obviously missing the point to literally every detail, so I won't bother attempting to enlighten you.

I'd like to take the honour of ending this conversation, so once again, please don't reply. :)