Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,718 83
3 day notice is probably too short considering the amount of people who blew their paychecks on the Christmas crate. Kinda like last season with the Valentines crate, things people paid hundreds for deleted a few weeks later. Don't think ill play next season, I hardly could bare this one. Thanks anyway.
5 days notice*

And 18 out of the 24 rewards in the christmas chest are carried over to the new season. Sounds like you're just wanting to complain for no reason

el_penguino3

MVP+
el_penguino3
el_penguino3
MVP+
Ratings
Will items from season 1 be carried over into season 3?
Currently, season 1 items do not have the required Season Vault Access tag, so they cannot be saved in the /seasonvault.

Is this intentional?

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
Will items from season 1 be carried over into season 3?
Currently, season 1 items do not have the required Season Vault Access tag, so they cannot be saved in the /seasonvault.

Is this intentional?
It is intentional that items from season 1 are not allowed into the season vault for season 3!

ranged<3

Shnutz

MVP
Shnutz_
Shnutz_
MVP
Ratings
13 1
HYPE!!
Getting excited about this new awesome season!!

niqhtless

ELITE
niqhtless
niqhtless
ELITE
Ratings
25 2
havent played prison much but def gonna now :eek:o

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
  • Mining Level Cap is now 120. Click Here for EXP Table
I asked about this a while ago, and nothing has changed. The 'click here' isn't working for me. Just wondering if it's broken for just me, or hasn't been fixed yet.

Thanks,
SSM

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
Currently there are quite a few issues on the Olympus realms, and despite the practicality and solubility of it, an extensive beta release was never done to find these issues beforehand. However, I’m not here to rant about that, as that clearly hasn’t been a priority in the past and I don’t see it being one in the future.

I do, however, want to bring attention to some of these major issues as I care about the Olympus server, despite my recent inactivity. Here are some of the biggest issues I’ve found so far from members of the community - most new, some old.

- Trench shovels and axes not working
- Sell wands not working
- Builder wands not working
- No mana earned from digging plots (unsure if this is intentional or not)
- Broken custom enchants (same exact ones that were broken last season...)
- Flying in Zulrah arena (way too OP, needs to be disabled)
- No combat timer in volcano - people can still just combat log
- Escaping from volcano from methods other than the ladders
- Blocks lagging back in mines (this may be a client side issue)

EDIT: More issues found afterwards
- Withdrawing exp bottles gives bottles of enchanting rather than an xp bottle with a specific amount
- Backpacks not selling contents

These are all the issues I have to mention right now, will either make new post or edit to add more later. I don’t play Olympus much anymore, but it’s my roots and I don’t want to see it die due to lack of action, and I’ll put in what I can by bringing awareness.

Thanks for your time, and please, I can’t stress this enough, add a beta from now on... you can prevent so many issues...

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Currently there are quite a few issues on the Olympus realms, and despite the practicality and solubility of it, an extensive beta release was never done to find these issues beforehand. However, I’m not here to rant about that, as that clearly hasn’t been a priority in the past and I don’t see it being one in the future.

I do, however, want to bring attention to some of these major issues as I care about the Olympus server, despite my recent inactivity. Here are some of the biggest issues I’ve found so far from members of the community - most new, some old.

- Trench shovels and axes not working
- Sell wands not working
- Builder wands not working
- No mana earned from digging plots (unsure if this is intentional or not)
- Broken custom enchants (same exact ones that were broken last season...)
- Flying in Zulrah arena (way too OP, needs to be disabled)
- No combat timer in volcano - people can still just combat log
- Escaping from volcano from methods other than the ladders
- Blocks lagging back in mines (this may be a client side issue)

These are all the issues I have to mention right now, will either make new post or edit to add more later. I don’t play Olympus much anymore, but it’s my roots and I don’t want to see it die due to lack of action, and I’ll put in what I can by bringing awareness.

Thanks for your time, and please, I can’t stress this enough, add a beta from now on... you can prevent so many issues...
Thanks for making this. I hope this helps these bugs be fixed soon! Although this may have changed from when I was staff, I believe there is often a short beta-testing period for staff members prior to the release. Although it would be nice if players had access to this, these are most likely just the bugs that were missed during that period and it's safe to assume there were many more before the beta testing :p

Cheers.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
Thanks for making this. I hope this helps these bugs be fixed soon! Although this may have changed from when I was staff, I believe there is often a short beta-testing period for staff members prior to the release. Although it would be nice if players had access to this, these are most likely just the bugs that were missed during that period and it's safe to assume there were many more before the beta testing :p

Cheers.
I have no doubt there were many more issues initially and many that were fixed. However, broken sell wands and builder wands? Trench tools? And even though it was fixed, the Mana pond? All of these things could have easily been discovered in a beta testing period if it wasn’t just a few staff members testing for bugs. I’d also like to point out a historical failure for staff to beta test, like on factions, when chunks weren’t loaded in before the server started, crashing the server several times.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Currently there are quite a few issues
Although I do agree that these particular problems are an inconvenience, I do want to defend the ManaCube staff and admin team for their work to maintain and handle the Olympus servers. I do often tend to roast of annoy staff for things that don't work. But that's just a personal thing I do and somehow get some kind of joy from it. I often have this battle in my head if I should be upset or pleased with what I have to play. I am not trying to be a sucker to the staff team, but this is what I argue from my perspective of the other perspective. Make sense?
Olympus is not the only server on ManaCube and given the size of the team of people leading ManaCube, I am impressed there are as few bugs/problems as there are.
Beta testing would allow for these problems to be found, but unless the keep the beta season going for a long time, I do not think it would help solve the issues. And even then, many problems will not surface until the full release.
Operating a server with the size and complexity of ManaCube is not an easy task. And I am not sure you, I, or most people realize how much work it is.
If the goal of your reply was to let them have a list of problems, I like it! But they probably already know all of these issues and are working on it.
I believe that Dacon, or whoever may be leading releases, realizes how much people want to play the fun games. And given that often rushes or puts out a product that is playable before it is perfect.

SSM

On a side note, you can add exp bottles not giving valued amount, but acting like a default exp bottle.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
Although I do agree that these particular problems are an inconvenience, I do want to defend the ManaCube staff and admin team for their work to maintain and handle the Olympus servers. I do often tend to roast of annoy staff for things that don't work. But that's just a personal thing I do and somehow get some kind of joy from it. I often have this battle in my head if I should be upset or pleased with what I have to play. I am not trying to be a sucker to the staff team, but this is what I argue from my perspective of the other perspective. Make sense?
Olympus is not the only server on ManaCube and given the size of the team of people leading ManaCube, I am impressed there are as few bugs/problems as there are.
Beta testing would allow for these problems to be found, but unless the keep the beta season going for a long time, I do not think it would help solve the issues. And even then, many problems will not surface until the full release.
Operating a server with the size and complexity of ManaCube is not an easy task. And I am not sure you, I, or most people realize how much work it is.
If the goal of your reply was to let them have a list of problems, I like it! But they probably already know all of these issues and are working on it.
I believe that Dacon, or whoever may be leading releases, realizes how much people want to play the fun games. And given that often rushes or puts out a product that is playable before it is perfect.

SSM

On a side note, you can add exp bottles not giving valued amount, but acting like a default exp bottle.

I won’t ever try to deny that the staff team’s job is very difficult; with thousands of players and a bunch of servers to manage, the work of the staff team is far from easy. However, servers have historically been rushed at times in an effort to earn money, rather than taking the opportunity to fix bugs before they hinder someone’s gameplay experience.

I’d also like to point out that it feels like the community is ignored, to an extent. I mentioned problems with specific custom enchants back on June 30th, 2019 in a ticket, which was responded to soon after and I was told staff were likely fixing the issue. In several other tickets and forum posts after, this same issue was mentioned several times, yet here we are, over half a year later, and these enchants are still broken.

By no means do I find it to be the intent of staff to ignore these problems or to intentionally lie by saying the issues are being worked on. However, given how often this seems to happen, and how long these bugs exist for, it’s extremely upsetting to both myself and others when new servers continue to be released when these issues still exist.