• Username
  • Conorbg
  • Map name
  • NightmareFuel
  • Photos of your Parkour
  • Screenshot_3.png n1.png
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it
  • /plot v conorbg 8
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane)
  • Expert
  • Number of jumps (Optional)
  • 82 (I know its a little under 85 but I really couldn't fit 85 onto the build, and at the same time wanted to create an expert)

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
-1. Parkour is okay. It felt a little unvaried though. There's a lot of slime jumps and ladders and neos all around. No new creative jumps. Also this jump in particular is either stupidly hard or I'm just terrible. It's the pane to pane jump near the knife. It also felt more like a long hard than an expert.
2020-01-19_11.09.26.png

As for the build however, it's an improvement from the last map you submitted. It's just a blatant improved re-skin of "Flame Monster". I said this before and I'll say it again, it looks like you had fun with world edit block percentages and the brush tool. I'd say the only difference between the two maps is the pose, the knife, and the block choice.

Theme is original but it isn't good. It doesn't look like "Nightmare Fuel" and nightmare fuel is too broad to be a theme, because fear is subjective.

I think that you've lost sight of the quality of your maps and only focus on numbers now.

good luck

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Conorbg! Unfortunately, your map has been rejected.

The parkour is rather good, in my opinion. It's well-varied in most places, not too difficult (perhaps even a bit easy), and fun to play. I did find a few skips and overly hard jumps (I've shown a few below). It's also mostly well-incorporated into the build.

2020-01-22_11.25.45.png

(skip: the left route, going inside, is what appears to be intended; however, you can also just jump to the head and climb up to the top, skipping 4 jumps)
2020-01-22_11.25.55.png
(very hard jump [carpet to carpet, almost like a cross neup]
2020-01-22_11.26.04.png

(not quite as difficult, but the ladder-pane jump here is a bit too hard compared to the rest of the parkour)

The build is not particularly good; the shape is very simple, and as for the color scheme, it seems to just be coal blocks and black wool at random other than the knife. It also doesn't look very much like nightmare fuel, although I can see what you were going for. Lastly, the parkour somewhat obscures the front of the build; I think it could be improved by moving the parkour primarily inside and behind the parkour, other than perhaps at the feet and knife/arms.

The theme is good; we do have some other nightmare-related maps (e.g NightmareBeforeChristmas - Hard, and Nightmare - Dropper), but the builds are significantly different.

Thanks for submitting your map, and we hope to see more from you in the future!​

Status
Not open for further replies.