Nether Update reactions

What do you think about the Nether Update?

• i hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • whats minecraft

• chicken wings

• Total voters

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Hey all,

I have just realized that at MineCon this year, that they released info about the Nether Update coming to Minecraft. If you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to a segment of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbeSaK_CrOc

What are your opinions on this update? I think it looks pretty cool, and they added a new mob, which will also be nice to have. Overall I think they did a good job with the textures, and biomes in the Nether seem pretty cool.

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
Thanks for sharing this :p

I gotta say I LOVE the way this update is looking! So many new blocks, new features, mobs ahhhhh. But I will say for sure I'm still playing on peaceful because those pigmen got alot scarier xD

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I don't know if it's just me, but the pig beast thingy looks like a warthog to me... and I think the death sound for it is currently the same is the pig death sound? Wouldn't it make more sense to make it something else....? I mean, pigmen have a separate death sound from pigs so why not these new mobs as well?

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
I love the blue fire & the new biomes! Soo cool. The mobs are pretty cool too, but to be honest - I would've preferred something more original, considering it is a video game!
I don't know if it's just me, but the pig beast thingy looks like a warthog to me... and I think the death sound for it is currently the same is the pig death sound? Wouldn't it make more sense to make it something else....? I mean, pigmen have a separate death sound from pigs so why not these new mobs as well?
It is just in the testing phase, so no doubt things will be changed.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I love the blue fire & the new biomes! Soo cool. The mobs are pretty cool too, but to be honest - I would've preferred something more original, considering it is a video game!

It is just in the testing phase, so no doubt things will be changed.
Yeah, but also some of the things they have been thinking about adding in updates are already part of mods... like mo creatures. And Biomes o plenty adds stuff to the nether. Not saying it's a bad thing... just I feel they were a bit slower than they could of been on planning these "new features" when mod creators have already thought of them.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Yeah, but also some of the things they have been thinking about adding in updates are already part of mods... like mo creatures. And Biomes o plenty adds stuff to the nether.
There is a mod for everything, of course some things are going to double up.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
it looks great, though i think it will take some real time to get used to
I agree with that, I'm so used to the Nether only changing through mods, and this is going to be a big change. But I think that the blue fire will be a really cool thing that people will take advantage of when building.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Thanks for sharing this :p

I gotta say I LOVE the way this update is looking! So many new blocks, new features, mobs ahhhhh. But I will say for sure I'm still playing on peaceful because those pigmen got alot scarier xD
Same! Knowing the Nether, those mobs are gonna be very very strong, so I'm gonna stay FAR away xD.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Yeah, but also some of the things they have been thinking about adding in updates are already part of mods... like mo creatures. And Biomes o plenty adds stuff to the nether. Not saying it's a bad thing... just I feel they were a bit slower than they could of been on planning these "new features" when mod creators have already thought of them.
They probably were planning them, but integrating them into Vanilla Minecraft while still working on bugs, servers, graphics, all these things can take longer than mods. I think it might not be as original, but it's cool that you can have an authentic survival and vanilla experience without having to install mods to get new things in the nether. But still looks very cool

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
As well as the Nether Update, apparently the Illusioner is said to be added in. If you don't know what this is, it's a mob that can only be summoned with /summon in creative. Here is the link to a wiki page about it:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Illusioner

What do y'all think about the devs adding this in? Will it be a good idea? Will Minecraft be better because of it? Or will it have no effect? I'd like to hear about what you all think about this.

Best,
WingsOfFyre

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Didnt they add honey and bees as well