jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Manacube should add a thing to the forum where if a kid under 13 wants to mod rhey can be assigned a mod mentor to become a junior modk.. Who agrees?

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I kind of feel that staff member really should be at least 13. I think people any younger aren't fit to take on such responsibillity. Ofcourse, there are always exceptions on that one, but I stand by my opinion.

You can always suggest this though, good luck!

AT0MICCHIk3N

Dedicated Member
ELITE
AT0MICCHIk3N
AT0MICCHIk3N
ELITE
Ratings
121 7
I agr
I kind of feel that staff member really should be at least 13. I think people any younger aren't fit to take on such responsibillity. Ofcourse, there are always exceptions on that one, but I stand by my opinion.

You can always suggest this though, good luck!
I agree with warlord on this

Chris (づ˘ ³˘)づ

Forum Expert
ELITE
luela
luela
ELITE
Ratings
186 2
I feel as if this could be a good idea, but not for people under 13. For example, if someone wants to run for staff they could be assigned their own mentor to show them how you need to act and all that stuff. But then again, if you just ask a staff member questions they will most likely respond to you.

Chris

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
When looking at applicants. The guidelines may vary for each person. So if we believed somebody under 13 was 100% ready to be staff or whatever. We could technically consider them still.

However I just think 13 is a good age for staff.

Kxll

ELITE
Sxschaa
Sxschaa
ELITE
Ratings
When looking at applicants. The guidelines may vary for each person. So if we believed somebody under 13 was 100% ready to be staff or whatever. We could technically consider them still.

However I just think 13 is a good age for staff.
You just say this because you are still 12 Aloro uwu don't fool us!

but seriously, 13 is a fitting age to be Staff/to Apply, since you *probably* developed enough to handle something like that role on a bigger Server (Manacube isn't Small with 1k+ Players each day since some months) and you have to know how to handle certain situations that is why people always start from Helper to Mod, so they get to know the role and know what they may get into when they Accept to be a Mod, and i am pretty sure even Helper isn't that easy since let's be serious, Manacube is full with toxic ppl most times, and sometimes you can't be sure who to mute/warn maybe even Ban, since the rules are pretty slippy i noticed :p

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Being staff is a ton of work and I just can't see someone who is still technically a child being responsible for so much.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Manacube should add a thing to the forum where if a kid under 13 wants to mod rhey can be assigned a mod mentor to become a junior modk.. Who agrees?
Also, the staff team has something almost like "Junior Mod", which is helper. Although helpers aren't necessarily under thirteen, they are still being monitored by the higher staff team, until they because more and more trustworthy and become a mod (im not on the staff team, so I'm just guessing that's how it works). I think with the current staff requierments, as Aloro said, that they do leave a lot of room for people that might be younger, but are ready to moderate Manacube.

48fps

Ratings
42 1
I believe that minimum age requirement for staff should stay at 13, anything below that, mentally they're still a child.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Also, the staff team has something almost like "Junior Mod", which is helper. Although helpers aren't necessarily under thirteen, they are still being monitored by the higher staff team, until they because more and more trustworthy and become a mod (im not on the staff team, so I'm just guessing that's how it works). I think with the current staff requierments, as Aloro said, that they do leave a lot of room for people that might be younger, but are ready to moderate Manacube.
To clarify, being a helper has nothing to do with age or experience. It's simply the first role you get as staff. One could be 13 and be a helper or be 130 and be a helper. Once the helper management team decides you know enough about what you're doing, you'll be promoted to mod.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
To clarify, being a helper has nothing to do with age or experience. It's simply the first role you get as staff. One could be 13 and be a helper or be 130 and be a helper. Once the helper management team decides you know enough about what you're doing, you'll be promoted to mod.
I think the role helper does have to do with experience. You're helper because you haven't had enough experience yet monitoring Manacube, and so once you have enough experience will get you to mod.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think the role helper does have to do with experience. You're helper because you haven't had enough experience yet monitoring Manacube, and so once you have enough experience will get you to mod.
Experience before being staff is what I meant. Like if you've been staff on a bunch of servers or have no experience, either way you start out as helper.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Being staff is a ton of work and I just can't see someone who is still technically a child being responsible for so much.
I suppose it really depends on the person. I know someone who would've been ready for Mod+ at age 10, but I also know people that are nearly legal adults that couldn't be trusted with helper now. I really think the best judgment for someones capabilities is their dealings with others.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I suppose it really depends on the person. I know someone who would've been ready for Mod+ at age 10, but I also know people that are nearly legal adults that couldn't be trusted with helper now. I really think the best judgment for someones capabilities is their dealings with others.
Of course. But 13 is the perfect starting age.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
i am a very responsible 11 year old and what i mean is each admin can volunteer to tutor future admins 10-13 kinda like a mentor programfor preteen mod ttaining or assistants how do i notify an admin or mod with my idea? i already added it to suggestions

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think with this thread (and the other thread directing people here) and it being added to suggestions, all you can do is wait for a response. It's a nice idea!

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
rganks tasses

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,309 78
Personally, I feel if you need to be mentored and have your hand held entirely throughout your time as staff (or even “trial-staff”), you may not be ready yet.

I suppose our requirements could be considered quite vague, but personally I think this leaves a lot of room for the applicants to demonstrate just how good of an applicant they are. People who strive to meet (or better yet, exceed) the requirements, have a good shot at staff. It’s not always guaranteed that you’ll get promoted however, as we take into account multiple things when deciding on helpers.

If we believe an applicant isn’t ready, that means they need to work on something - whether it be activity, helpfulness, their attitude, knowledge, etc. Or simply if they are just too young.

I don’t doubt there are plenty of mature people under the age of 13, but it’s not always like this (Heck! I’m 17 next week, and I know tonnes of people my age that could learn a thing or two from people 5-6 years younger than them!). In rare cases, as Aloro mentioned, we may very well promote someone who is under the age of 13 if we truly believe they’re capable of handling the position.

I again, personally do not see any point in adding in another staff role for players who we don’t think are ready for staff yet. Another thing I’d like to add, is that the Helper Management team are mentors for helpers and new moderators. It is great to hear players opinions on this however :)

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Okay, so I believe that you don't rlly need a "Junior Mod" tag or whatever to have a mentor....
seriously, I think of hallow as my mentor and I'm defs not running for staff anytime soon. And all my friends are GREAT mentors and I rly appreciate them, even though I kinda just.... lose it sometimes.