MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Little research project I did... feedback appreciated <3

Minecraft “ticks”
Minecraft runs on something called “ticks.” The game is supposed to run at 20 TPS (ticks per second) but several factors can lower TPS. This just means that the game doesn’t run as smoothly and all aspects of the game will run slower than usual. Assuming that you are running at 20 TPS, one tick will happen every 0.05 seconds.
Every tick, different events will occur. Mobs will check their surroundings, moving objects change their position. But also, chunks within the render distance of a player and with centers within a certain distance are recalculated in every game tick.
TNT Cannon
Usually you want your TNT cannon to do a lot of damage. So a good canon has a high damage value. The damage value is calculated by using the average of the cannon’s accuracy value, power and speed. “(45 - A)*2) + (P*10) + (S/5)) / 3”
Therefore, there are three calculations that you must do to get the damage value.
Here I have an image which shows us an example of a tnt cannon and it’s explosion sites. This will help us understand the concept better.

Basically, the average lengths of the blue lines equals the accuracy input; which just means the average of the distances from the starting point of a shot to where the TNT lands. The red dot is the averages of the positions of each explosion. Lastly, the black dots represent where the TNT landed and exploded.
Accuracy value can be calculated by using the equation (45 - A)*2. In this equation, “A” is the accuracy input.
Power is calculated by the amount of TNT shot times ten. (P = 10x where x is the amount of tnt and P is power).
The speed input is the distance between the front of the cannon to the average position of the centers of the explosions. The speed value equation is S/5, where "S" is the speed input.

Gravity in Minecraft
The game uses a parabolic equation to model gravity; y = a(x - h)2 + k. This can be used when determining how far you can jump. X represents how far you want to jump, y is how high you will be after jumping (if y is negative, it means that you are below your starting point) a represents how fast you will fall (gravity). k is the max height you can jump, and h represents the horizontal distance you jump.
For this to hold true, we must assume that k is one and a half blocks and h is 1 block.
Lastly, momentum MUST be constant, meaning how fast you will travel stays the same throughout the jump.
Calculating experience
For levels (0-15), you take 2 and multiply it by your current level then add seven. In other words, “2x + 7.”
For levels (16-30), you take 5 and multiply it by your current level then subtract thirty eight. Or “5x - 38.” Solving “x” will give you the amount of xp you need to level up.

Mods and plugins!
World edit
“Economics” of Minecraft
Before we get into the economics, I need to go over some terminology with you. First of all, on the server I play mana is the main currency players use between one another. This is due to the fact you cannot “pay” other players in money to help prevent boosting which is just players giving others money.
All other transactions that aren’t between players is done in money. However, there is one more type of currency used called “cubits.” Cubits can be used to buy things off the webstore AND used in transactions between players.
Since there are many items in the game that sell for different prices, I will be going over only a few basic conversions that are most used. This will help us understand how currency is used, keep in mind these are default conversions and players can decrease or increase prices as they please.
0.01 cubits = 2,000 mana
1 cubit = $1.00 (for the webstore: buy ranks, crate keys, etc…)
So, you may or may not be wondering right now “how do you make money?” “how do you make mana?” “AND WHERE DO CUBITS COME FROM?!” No, money doesn’t grow on trees… and no cubits don’t rain from the sky. In this next section I will be covering the MAIN ways people earn money, mana, and cubits.
Money
Mining- When you first start out, you mine different ores that you sell to make money. It’s the easiest way, but not the most profitable. You can mine to gain mana as well, which I will cover later on.
Grinders- Grinders are the main way players earn money. This is done by buying spawners from shop and setting them up as the player pleases keeping in mind the requirements for the mob to spawn.
In this example, I calculated how much money a certain grinder makes per hour. The function I got is
P(t) = 850x where “P” is profit and “t” is time. This function can be used to calculate the amount of money you will make after a set amount of time.
Cactus Farms- Cactus farms are another way to make money. However, they take longer to build in comparison to grinders and don’t make as much money.
1 cactus block sells for $125 and a dub (double chest) of cactus chest is worth $432k.

Mana
Mining- As previously mentioned, you can gain mana from mining. This is the fastest and easiest way to gain mana. For every block you break, you gain 1 mana. Other enchantments do not effect the amount of mana gained except for Trench which mines all blocks in a 3 x 3 area.
Kingdoms- Kingdoms is a unlockable feature. You must complete the Demetres Rebirth to access it. Then you must spend $20 million to unlock each worker. There is total of nine workers, each worker will produce 3500 mana that you can collect every 24 hours.
Auction House- Auction house not only is the main way players trade things between one another, but mana is the main currency which means if you sell something on auction house you can gain mana. However, it’s trickier to determine how much mana, as the amount is decided by the player selling the item. This is where players can screw around with the economy, causing in inconsistency.

Cubits
Voting- Every 24 hours, players can “vote” for the server. This just promotes the server on server listing sites. As a reward, you will get 0.02 cubits.
Gary the Golem- Gary is an NPC (non playable character) that acts as a login rewards feature. Unlike several games, these rewards demand you to log in and play for a certain amount of time before you can claim your reward. On day 7, you can claim 0.20 cubits after of playtime.
Other players- As I’ve mentioned earlier on, 0.01 cubits = 2,000 mana. Some players will sell their cubits in exchange for mana. You give the player the amount of mana depending on how many cubits you want or how many the player is selling.

Source(s):
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tick
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/TNT_cannons
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/mine....png?version=fa65c467a5c5e23cca3a2405af0b9a1f
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/19551/how-far-can-i-jump
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Experience

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I love it a really interesting insight into Olympus and Minecraft in general!
By your numbers as of right now 1.00 cubits = 200,000 Mana so that makes it equivalent to $1.00 US dollars. I think it would be interesting if the amount of time it takes to acquire cubits and competition in the player base who buy cubits as well. Also bar double vote weeks you can get a total of 0.06 cubits a day whilst voting 1 vote website twice!
This was a fascinating read Cookie! Really well put together.
- Raptor

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I love it a really interesting insight into Olympus and Minecraft in general!
By your numbers as of right now 1.00 cubits = 200,000 Mana so that makes it equivalent to $1.00 US dollars. I think it would be interesting if the amount of time it takes to acquire cubits and competition in the player base who buy cubits as well. Also bar double vote weeks you can get a total of 0.06 cubits a day whilst voting 1 vote website twice!
This was a fascinating read Cookie! Really well put together.
- Raptor
Ahah, tysm raptor! I was going to do math behind world edit, but then decided when I show it at school I'll just do a demo of how it works.
I was also worried that my information wasn't accurate, as I was just taking stuff off the internet and putting it as I interpreted it as.... yeah I know nothing about game mechanics.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Ahah, tysm raptor! I was going to do math behind world edit, but then decided when I show it at school I'll just do a demo of how it works.
I was also worried that my information wasn't accurate, as I was just taking stuff off the internet and putting it as I interpreted it as.... yeah I know nothing about game mechanics.
It was a fascinating read and I can’t believe I’m the only one whose replied so far! I wish you luck at school with your assignment/speech.

ThatComicGuy

Forum Expert
MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
478 14
Reading this post, only really Proves...
That your a Smart Cookie
I really don't Understand math, like at all so oof
Thank you for making my life easier <3

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I'm no good at math xD but thanks guys!