is skyblock pay to win?

Jacon

Forum Master
Ratings
463 119
I was just wondering I want to start fresh on April 11th, but I don’t want to buy ranks because I invest my money ((elsewhere)).. and I was just wondering if you can have an enjoyable time if you don’t have a rank?

CosmicLunaBunny

Forum Expert
MVP+
JoinVC
JoinVC
MVP+
Ratings
90 9
I was just wondering I want to start fresh on April 11th, but I don’t want to buy ranks because I invest my money ((elsewhere)).. and I was just wondering if you can have an enjoyable time if you don’t have a rank?
Skyblock is definitely not pay to win, because, it’s just a fun server it’s not competitive, unless your trying to reach F top, it just requires a lot of dedication and patience.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Personally in my opinion and slight playtime of skyblock, it doesn't really seem pay to win, personally, no servers on ManaCube technically pay to win due to the addition of cubits, etc. No ranks gives you insane advantages over others, some might say that /fly is a huge advantage but players can get quite a lot of flight time from just simply using /vote.

RebeliousHaz

Dedicated Member
VIP+
RebeliousHaz
RebeliousHaz
VIP+
Ratings
60 1
Overall, no I do not believe you need to pay to win so you can enjoy Skyblock. It can enhance your experience and boost you in the gameplay, but it does not define whether or not you will enjoy the gamemode. Also, Skyblock isn't for everyone. So whether or not you pay to win, you may not enjoy it from personal preferences.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Yes, I believe it is pay to win. This isn't something to hide or be ashamed of; Dacon is very explicit about the things he offers on the stores, be it minions, ranks, or keys. Having a high rank, like MVP+ or ELITE, gives a huge amount of perks that would not be available to the average player. Yes, you can save up cubits, but this takes a lot of time and is generally pretty costly as well. Minions, if they behave similarly to Olympus, can make or break a productive island.

Again, not throwing any shade, but I don't think there's any point denying that.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
My thinking is along the same lines as Tas that while you don't necessarily have to pay to receive all the perks and have that big advantage, there's no denying it is easier to have those advantages that make the game mode more enjoyable.
For example, Debbie's current island is amazing...and she has never paid a single dime to ManaCube. She was just willing to put in the effort needed.
Without cubits, it would be otherwise pure pay to win. But having the possibility to farm cubits to get the ranks for those advantages, makes it very much possible to succeed without paying....although you have quite the grind ahead of you if that's the case. You're also paying for ease of access to the advantages when you outright buy the ranks.

Jacon

Forum Master
Ratings
463 119
Yes, I believe it is pay to win. This isn't something to hide or be ashamed of; Dacon is very explicit about the things he offers on the stores, be it minions, ranks, or keys. Having a high rank, like MVP+ or ELITE, gives a huge amount of perks that would not be available to the average player. Yes, you can save up cubits, but this takes a lot of time and is generally pretty costly as well. Minions, if they behave similarly to Olympus, can make or break a productive island.

Again, not throwing any shade, but I don't think there's any point denying that.
That’s so messed up.

Jacon

Forum Master
Ratings
463 119
My thinking is along the same lines as Tas that while you don't necessarily have to pay to receive all the perks and have that big advantage, there's no denying it is easier to have those advantages that make the game mode more enjoyable.
For example, Debbie's current island is amazing...and she has never paid a single dime to ManaCube. She was just willing to put in the effort needed.
Without cubits, it would be otherwise pure pay to win. But having the possibility to farm cubits to get the ranks for those advantages, makes it very much possible to succeed without paying....although you have quite the grind ahead of you if that's the case. You're also paying for ease of access to the advantages when you outright buy the ranks.
Karl Marx was right..

ssnek_

ELITE
ssnek_
ssnek_
ELITE
Ratings
26 1
The more time you're willing to spend in-game, the less it'll feel its pay to win.
You're either spending time or money.