Is it ok to copy and rework someones build. If they got rejected?

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
Is it ok? I'm not really sure, because I see a lot of good ideas on here that get rejected due to other reasons than originality. But at the same time, I feel like I'm doing something bad if I think of changing someones idea.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Is it ok? I'm not really sure, because I see a lot of good ideas on here that get rejected due to other reasons than originality. But at the same time, I feel like I'm doing something bad if I think of changing someones idea.
I'd recommend checking with that other person, and possibly working with them. I wouldn't recommend just blindly taking their build and idea and changing it and submitting it with you name on it. I'll bet that a few of those map creators would love some help with it.

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
I'd recommend checking with that other person, and possibly working with them. I wouldn't recommend just blindly taking their build and idea and changing it and submitting it with you name on it. I'll bet that a few of those map creators would love some help with it.
Alright thanks!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
If you do it without the original creator's permission, it'll be a reject.
However, if you get permission, I don't see the issue.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
If you do it without the original creator's permission, it'll be a reject.
However, if you get permission, I don't see the issue.
The map "ShoppingCart (Medium)" was submitted and accepted one week after my map "ShoppingCart (Easy)" was submitted and rejected. Is this a new policy?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Or am I misunderstanding the thread, and we're talking about using the exact same build? Because obviously without permission that would be a jerk thing to do. But surely submitting a map with the same theme as a map that was submitted before is allowed. Although it was frustrating, it's perfectly harmless.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
The shopping cart was a copy of the theme, but not the build. His shopping cart and yours were both different in terms of execution.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The shopping cart was a copy of the theme, but not the build. His shopping cart and yours were both different in terms of execution.
Ah, I understand now.